PO: Closure in Moscow "The Penance and the Patience”, "First Temple" & “Pink Lemonade”

The Penance and the Patience
4 variants up on their Bandcamp: https://closureinmoscow.bandcamp.com/album/the-penance-and-the-patience
V1 - Black (edition of 200)
V2 - Milky clear w/smoke effect & dark blue swirl (edition of 350)
V3 - Rusty red / red splatter on bone (edition of 350)

V4 - Dark red / yellow with black marble (edition of 100)

First Temple

5 variants also on their Bandcamp: https://closureinmoscow.bandcamp.com/album/first-temple-remastered

V1 - Light/neon pink w/orange splatter (250)
V2 - Cream w/orange splatter (250)
V3 - Orange crush (250)
V4 - Clear w/black smoke (150)
V5 - Black (100)

Pink Lemonade
5 variants up on their Bandcamp:

https://closureinmoscow.bandcamp.com/album/pink-lemonade

V1 - It's a secret and we'll tell you later (PO in a few months)
V2 - Not Too Sweet Not Too Sour: Disc 1 Pink & Translucent Magenta Splatter on White, Disc 2 White splatter on Translucent Magenta
V3 - Sky blue w/pink splatter
V4 - Disc 1 Translucent pink / Disc 2 Translucent sky blue
V5 - Disc 1 Forest green w/pink splatter / Disc 2 Pink w/forest green splatter

Set to ship March 2022 (Penance & Temple delayed).

Edited by iDealélan
Production delays, adding PL variants

• iDealélan changed the title to [Pre-order] Closure in Moscow "The Penance and the Patience" & "First Temple"
9 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

Repress of First Temple as well. Good thing, my copy from Equal Vision is warped to shit. Now I just need them to repress Pink Lemonade after YEARS of saying they would.

Mine is too, and noisy as hell. And yes, bring on the Pink Lemonade. I think I'm brave enough to try some of that.

7 hours ago, BirdsRobe said:

Hey folks

Just a quick update, the initial pressing of Penance is now sold out, so we're going to increase the printing amount to avoid people paying crazy prices on eBay etc.

Thanks again for your support and helping spread the word 😃

Mike

Good on you guys for keeping up with the demand :)

On the topic of albums going for ridiculous $$$, Pink Lemonade could sure use some repress love...

Years ago I did a vinylcollective secret Santa where my secret Santa sent me a mix CD with Sweet#hart on it.  Was into First Temple for a while after that, but it’s been a long long time since I’ve listened to it. After seeing this thread, I gave the album another go and still dig it enough to order a copy of the repress. 

On 8/8/2021 at 11:42 PM, highfives said:

There were a couple of winks from them when people were asking for a reissue on Instagram.

On 8/8/2021 at 11:35 PM, mindphaser said:

Good on you guys for keeping up with the demand :)

On the topic of albums going for ridiculous $$$, Pink Lemonade could sure use some repress love...

Thanks, yep PL repress is definitely happening. We are working with some other people on this one so it's on a different timeline to the other records. We're planning to announce details on 1 October.

Additional Penance LP copies are now available from the band store if anyone missed out: www.closureinmoscow.bandcamp.com 

Edited by BirdsRobe
Additional copies of Penance LP available

28 minutes ago, BirdsRobe said:

Thanks, yep PL repress is definitely happening. We are working with some other people on this one so it's on a different timeline to the other records. We're planning to announce details on 1 October.

Additional Penance LP copies are now available from the band store if anyone missed out: www.closureinmoscow.bandcamp.com 

Glad to hear about the PL repress! 

I ordered a second copy of Penance with the addition to pressing size. Anyway  to combine orders and save on some shipping?

Edited by dapeebs

9 hours ago, dapeebs said:

Glad to hear about the PL repress! 

I ordered a second copy of Penance with the addition to pressing size. Anyway  to combine orders and save on some shipping?

Yep, just leave a message with your second order requesting to have them shipped together and you'll get a partial shipping refund when they're sent

Alternatively, email me at [email protected] with your order details and I'll make a note / issue the refund for part of the shipping cost

On 8/15/2021 at 8:47 PM, BirdsRobe said:

Will you guys be doing new artwork for PL, similar to FT?  Or will it be the original?

• iDealélan changed the title to PO: Closure in Moscow "The Penance and the Patience” & "First Temple" out now, Pink Lemonade in Oct
  • 1 month later...
On 8/17/2021 at 9:32 PM, jmpatrick said:

PL on standard weight black.  Please and thank you.

Ah sorry to disappoint you in advance, maybe next time! These versions will be very colourful haha.

I imagine you prefer black for audio quality?  We try to avoid certain types of colouring/designs which have produced audio issues in the past, so usually there's not much difference unless we do something truly wacky (which does still happen sometimes).

Edited by BirdsRobe
Adding a question

1 hour ago, BirdsRobe said:

Ah sorry to disappoint you in advance, maybe next time! These versions will be very colourful haha.

I imagine you prefer black for audio quality?  We try to avoid certain types of colouring/designs which have produced audio issues in the past, so usually there's not much difference unless we do something truly wacky (which does still happen sometimes).

Can you say how many in total will be pressed?

Edited by highfives

400 in the us go up for preorder tonight https://www.instagram.com/p/CUc6MRNAPVC/ 

On Sale Thursday aka TONIGHT at 10 PM ET: Closure in Moscow - Pink Lemonade (PRE-ORDER)

Wonderful! Pink Lemonade will be getting re-released on CD and vinyl. This is your opportunity to gain the happiness you seek by owning a copy of this seminal piece by hot teen outfit Closure in Moscow.” - Michael Barrett, guitarist, Closure in Moscow, 2021.

Enjoy The Ride Records Exclusive Variant (US)

Not Too Sweet, Not Too Sour (Limited to 400): Disc 1 is Pink & Translucent Magenta Splatter on White and Disc 2 is White Splatter on Translucent Magenta

This is a Pre-Order for customers in the United States since there are other variants available to those across the pond. Limit 2 per customer. Please do not include any other items in this order, as you will have to wait until Spring 2022 to receive all of your items. The choice is yours, thanks for reading the fine print.

spacer.png

Edited by Justinadamk

• iDealélan changed the title to PO: Closure in Moscow "The Penance and the Patience”, "First Temple" & “Pink Lemonade”