PO: Queens of the Stone Age - Queens of the Stone Age

with (semi?) original artwork. 

Queens of the Stone Age https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09C4FWJHH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_BX3DY2JZCJZWAA60MD5Q

September 24th. It seems to be the only place available right now. Surely more variants are going to be announced?

Edited by ejc625

I was wondering when they would print up more of that 2xLP edition but if they are just reissuing the single LP, I can get behind that too. I think the only bonus track of any consequence is "The Bronze" as the rest are all just interstitial noisy ear candy experimentation if I'm remembering correctly. I usually skip all those anyway. If they could manage to fit "The Bronze" in that would be awesome.

• 2 months later...

It exists. I had it in my hands the other day at a record fair for 25 €. I was in doubt about it and I do not buy counterfeit releases.

It was a sealed copy and the OBI strip said it was orange colored. The seller told me he got it from "a guy he knows" which was no official distribution channel.

There is a Discogs entry for a black edition. I could not find the barcode or the label's catalog no. on any official sources on the web though.

Runouts have (probably faked) Optimal Media matrix codes (BL4157201 A1 / BL4157201 B2) as well as a (well-faked imitation of) Chris Bellman's "CB" signature on the runout. Check the images on the Discogs entry below.

On the release history and in the reviews a user states "it is unofficial edition, i contacted the Label for info... and confirmed THAT! it is Unofficial edition not produced by them...." https://www.discogs.com/release/20567197-Queens-Of-The-Stone-Age-Queens-Of-The-Stone-Age

It just seems it is a very well-made counterfeit release.

Edited by Iggy_Pilot

• 10 months later...
57 minutes ago, CeCeCe said:

This version is 11 tracks, 46 mins, single disc

Ah ok. Interesting that the listing on the band's official webstore has the full 14 tracks, but the tracklist on Matador only has 10 tracks. Both must be errors for the vinyl description. I suppose it makes sense to be the standard 11 track listing similar to the original pressing.