Official CONVERGE Everything & Anything Thread: No Heroes LP (2021 Repress) + New Apparel + New Prints + JANE DOE 20th Anniversary Art Prints + You Fail Me Redux 3rd Press + Poacher Diaries (Redux)

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Honeslty don't know what to think.

Working on a assume benevolence attitude, maybe she's a fan and wants to do a live photoshoot/art thing for 20th anniversary or even 25th anniversary.

However, I can't help but think this just reeks of "I'm a failed model without any real relevance anymore and the search for more money is on"

26 minutes ago, roadmonkey said:

Honeslty don't know what to think.

Working on a assume benevolence attitude, maybe she's a fan and wants to do a live photoshoot/art thing for 20th anniversary or even 25th anniversary.

However, I can't help but think this just reeks of "I'm a failed model without any real relevance anymore and the search for more money is on"

I dunno, I think after the whole Nevermind baby drama people are just assuming she's calling this out for money or clout (at least in the comments a ton of people are jumping to that conclusion).

If you look at the tags she used for the post it would suggest she's pretty aware of the band and album. So, maybe she wants a collab?

this might lead to some lawsuits, there have been quite a few where photos were used to create new works of art and the amount that is required to be considered transformative and fair use isn't met. this might come down to the artist and\or converge\the label giving royalties to the magazine, photographer or even model, depending on contracts, if it's pursused. possibly even preventing future merch from being sold.

Case in point, the Shepard Fairey "Hope" poster\merch did have a copywrite infringement lawsuit that ended up being settled out of court with AP and it never got to the point of confirming if it met fair use requirements.

Edited by SNEAKORDS

Reading through Audrey Marnay's original IG post calling out Converge is an experience in hilarity. From the thirsty dudes...to the Monday morning quarterbacks offering their legal "expertise"...L - O - fuckin' - L

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUdAnDlsKiW/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Audrey's original post doesn't seem like an explicit warning that she is looking to take legal action if there is no settlement for compensation. Looks like she has a pretty fine life just based on face value from her Instagram gallery so I would imagine she's not simply hurting for money. If I'm missing some extended text from her let me know. I only see the original caption on her Jane Doe post.

17 minutes ago, mizzle said:

Lol, jesus. Nothing more punk than "ACTUALLY, we have the trademark."

I will always love converge, but this whole thing is hilarious/sad. No response at all would've been better than how they've handled it. 

Probably has a little less to do with the band trying to redeem "punk cred" than it does Bannon speaking to his art.  I have to imagine he's been an artist longer than Converge's frontman.  Sometimes it's just about the principle.

16 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Probably has a little less to do with the band trying to redeem "punk cred" than it does Bannon speaking to his art.  I have to imagine he's been an artist longer than Converge's frontman.  Sometimes it's just about the principle.

Ya totally. I'm just glad J has the trademark since it's a recreation utilizing forms. Different medium and intent in they narrative.

• 2 weeks later...

Jane Doe has not been repressed. This anniversary celebration was with new prints & apparel. With pressing plants being so backed up & all, Deathwish & many other labels have been cautious on their vinyl output. 

So don’t worry. You haven’t missed out on any JD represses. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just received a very suspicious looking message from KingsRoad stating that my order was being refunded because they are out of stock.

Assuming they oversold but, the email I received did not directly come from them, although it did contain my order number. Considering I ordered the day of back in August, I'm skeptical because it took this long to notify me.

Anybody else get one of these in their inbox?

• 3 weeks later...
  • jhulud changed the title to Official CONVERGE Everything & Anything Thread: No Heroes LP (2021 Repress) + New Apparel + New Prints + JANE DOE 20th Anniversary Art Prints + You Fail Me Redux 3rd Press + Poacher Diaries (Redux)