Can't Swim - Change of Plans

https://purenoise.merchnow.com/collections/cant-swim

250 - Silver & Gold Pinwheel w/ Heavy Black Splatter
400 - Black, Silver & Gold A-side/B-side
400 - Gold Nugget (US indie retail exclusive)
300 - Blood Red Cloudy (UK/EU exclusive)
300 - Clear w/ Black & Gold Twist (Newbury Comics exclusive)
300 - Black Smoke (band exclusive)
850 - Half Clear / Half Gold w/ Heavy Black & Silver Splatter

Edited by Wasda Deelwifkramer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

$55 for a slip mat and hand numbered insert...

Really curious what you think a bundle like this, with free shipping, should cost.. do you have any actual idea how much it costs to screenprint low quantities of things or do you just like to bitch and moan? Us and the band (who are barely just getting back to having a income from being a band) aren’t making a killing here. 

11 minutes ago, IanRees said:

Really curious what you think a bundle like this, with free shipping, should cost.. do you have any actual idea how much it costs to screenprint low quantities of things or do you just like to bitch and moan? Us and the band (who are barely just getting back to having a income from being a band) aren’t making a killing here. 

MerchLimited used to sell out alt covers (or slipmat bundles) for $35/$40 so fast. 

Lately slipmats have been $50+ or bundled with something extra, for much higher (like this), and slow moving. 

The general vibe I get is that people are missing the old $40 alt cover days. If there is anyway to go back to that price point, I think people would be happier. The extra merch could be available as a separate item or different bundle. 

I mean, both the Thought Crimes and With Honor ML drops are $45 and they also have the hand numbered screen printed insert and the exclusive slipmat. So that's essentially $30 for an 18x24 poster and I feel like the demand for posters isn't that high to get people to want to pay $75 to snag one, especially when they can snag the record for around $20. I don't think it's completely overpriced considering the costs to produce everything, I just think the overall product isn't enticing enough for a lot of people to want to spend that kind of money on it. Hence the slower time to sell through these drops compared to the ~$40 alt cover drops. 

1 hour ago, rundmcc said:

MerchLimited used to sell out alt covers (or slipmat bundles) for $35/$40 so fast. 

Lately slipmats have been $50+ or bundled with something extra, for much higher (like this), and slow moving. 

The general vibe I get is that people are missing the old $40 alt cover days. If there is anyway to go back to that price point, I think people would be happier. The extra merch could be available as a separate item or different bundle. 

With the rise of various production and shipping costs a $40 alt cover bundle doesn’t make sense. 

12 hours ago, IanRees said:

With the rise of various production and shipping costs a $40 alt cover bundle doesn’t make sense. 

We understand the pandemic manufacturing difficulties Ian, it's just been hard for longtime PN supporters to accept when we still remember this merchlimited

spacer.png

On 10/23/2021 at 5:06 AM, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

$55 for a slip mat and hand numbered insert...

It's not an insert?
It's a hand-numbered, screen-printed alternate cover ON TOP of a limited, multi-coloured, gatefold release w/ a bonus custom slip-mat and a pretty big screen-printed exclusive insert; none of that stuff is cheap.. it's never been 'that' cheap, but on top of the pandemic, it's kind of the bare minimum for quality product these days.

Also just don't get it?

22 minutes ago, Fukchead said:

It's not an insert?
It's a hand-numbered, screen-printed alternate cover ON TOP of a limited, multi-coloured, gatefold release w/ a bonus custom slip-mat and a pretty big screen-printed exclusive insert; none of that stuff is cheap.. it's never been 'that' cheap, but on top of the pandemic, it's kind of the bare minimum for quality product these days.

Also just don't get it?

I simply was using the verbiage used in the description. 

This bundle includes "Change of Plans" on limited edition color vinyl, packaged with an exclusive screen printed insert that is hand numbered out of 100. Buyers will also receive an exclusive slipmat and 18" x 24" screen printed poster. 

Just now, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

I simply was using the verbiage used in the description. 

This bundle includes "Change of Plans" on limited edition color vinyl, packaged with an exclusive screen printed insert that is hand numbered out of 100. Buyers will also receive an exclusive slipmat and 18" x 24" screen printed poster. 

The poster is the insert.

The alt-cover is hand-numbered and a fold-over like ML always do.