PO Now: Blake Schwarzenbach b/w Joyce Manor 7" as part of a comic book series published by Image Comics called "What's The Furthest Place From Here?" by Matthew Rosenberg and Tyler Boss (every month starting from 10.11.21)

STL206630.jpg

WHATS THE FURTHEST PLACE FROM HERE #1 DLX ED 7 INCH RECORD | Image Comics | SEP210045
(W) Matthew Rosenberg (A/CA) Tyler Boss

The end of the world has a soundtrack from 4 Kids Walk into a Bank's TYLER BOSS & MATTHEW ROSENBERG.
The world has ended. All that remains are gangs of children living among the ruins. But Sid believes there must be something more out there. When she disappears into the wastelands, her gang will risk everything to bring her home. A story about the things that matter most-your survival, your loved ones, and your record collection.
Every issue of this post-apocalyptic coming-of-age series will have an extremely limited Deluxe Edition, featuring an exclusive variant cover and a 7" record with two songs from some of today's best indie and punk bands, recorded especially for this project.
This issue: punk rock legend BLAKE SCHWARZENBACH (Jawbreaker / Jets to Brazil) and rising stars JOYCE MANOR bring you two songs, available exclusively with issue one.
Only available at comic shops!

In Shops: Nov 10, 2021

For Comic-Book store n00bs: There are a bunch of good online comic books stores if you don't have an LCBS (Local Comic-Book Shop) where you live. DCBS Service is one, Cowabunga Comics is another. You might be required to start a pull-list (meaning you need to pre-order a minimum threshold # of titles). Comics have pre-order catalogs, and you (technically, the retailer you buy from) have to order from them 3 months ahead of release date.
This version of this title will 100% be sold-out by being pre-ordered by hundreds of stores ahead of time. Only the biggest comic book stores will actually have copies of this on their shelves. PO now or enjoy dealing with the combined aftermarket prices of both comic books and record collectors-in-one.

Edited by OneThreeOneTwo

• OneThreeOneTwo changed the title to PO Now: Blake Schwarzenbach b/w Joyce Manor 7" as part of a comic book series published by Image Comics called "What's The Furthest Place From Here?" by Matthew Rosenberg and Tyler Boss (every month starting from 10.11.21)

I think I figured out how to order this. Nearest shop isn’t too far out. The series sounds like something I’d be into, but have never dabbled in comic books and/or graphic novels, at all. The problem is I’m now looking at other stuff like, well, maybe I’ll just grab a couple things….lol

33 minutes ago, uglyorgan said:

Go to a comic book store near your home. Tell them you'd like x number of copies, have the catalog number handy if necessary "SEP210045". 

And make sure to ask for them to reserve every issue of this title so that you don't have to contact them every month.

4 hours ago, uglyorgan said:

Go to a comic book store near your home. Tell them you'd like x number of copies, have the catalog number handy if necessary "SEP210045". 

Damnit, there’s a reason I’ve only done this and stayed far far away from these stores hahaha I’m an addict!

Thanks.

2 hours ago, longwalkshortpiers said:

my local comic book store says this is unavailable to order because the allotment has sold out? Anyone else have this issue? 

I emailed mine about it yesterday & the owner wrote back a couple hours ago to say I was good to go. I'll double-check when I go in tomorrow to pick up this week's books.

16 hours ago, longwalkshortpiers said:

my local comic book store says this is unavailable to order because the allotment has sold out? Anyone else have this issue? 

It's possible that your store has ordered as many copies as they're allowed to by the distributor. Not necessarily an indication that it's sold out everywhere, but I would hustle to find somewhere else that can order this for you.

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, xgrantx said:

I’m guessing no one has seen this in the wild. No pics online. No shop that I know of got any. Anyone seen anything?

To absolutely nobody's surprise, they were unprepared for the amount of interest, and didn't have enough to go around. My shop was allocated only one (and I was #2 to order it; bought the book alone). I  suspect that's what happened to most. Pre-orders are open now for a 2nd press in Feb, but no word on how many.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG218745

38 minutes ago, serotonein said:

To absolutely nobody's surprise, they were unprepared for the amount of interest, and didn't have enough to go around. My shop was allocated only one (and I was #2 to order it; bought the book alone). I  suspect that's what happened to most. Pre-orders are open now for a 2nd press in Feb, but no word on how many.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG218745

Do you know if the one came in this week? I heard from a friend that Diamond hasn’t gotten the records yet that they were coming from overseas and hung up.