PO Now: Blake Schwarzenbach b/w Joyce Manor 7" as part of a comic book series published by Image Comics called "What's The Furthest Place From Here?" by Matthew Rosenberg and Tyler Boss (every month starting from 10.11.21)

1 hour ago, ganaar7575 said:

Had this on hold if received at my local comic shop..unfortunately they did not receive any 😢..still trying to find for a decent price.

My shop is a part of chain that has 6 locations.  They ordered several copies, but were allocated only one.  Thankfully I was the first to order it.

Called my shop today, still no sign of it, but they know me as the record guy now, said they get a shipment in tomorrow or wednesday, I said I'd call back in a week or two, but kinda losing hope. I also ordered from midtown when they had some up and that hasn't been cancelled, hoping one works out. I've had the others ordered for weeks now, but who knows...

Edited by geezfools

38 minutes ago, radiatorhums said:

Midtown comics exclusive variant.  Different cover and on clear /200.  Bit spendy, but that's kind of how store exclusives go in general.

https://www.midtowncomics.com/product/2075665

Keep in mind there is a second pressing coming too.

I would be cool if they contacted me about my OG order

Random question from someone who doesn't collect comics. Is there a way to track all these random covers and crazy editions? The record collector in me wants to see what's out there and also what's coming up. I set up a pull list with a local shop, but it didn't seem like I was guaranteed to get all 5 alternate covers. Just seems so convoluted compared to record collecting, lol

3 hours ago, geezfools said:

Random question from someone who doesn't collect comics. Is there a way to track all these random covers and crazy editions? The record collector in me wants to see what's out there and also what's coming up. I set up a pull list with a local shop, but it didn't seem like I was guaranteed to get all 5 alternate covers. Just seems so convoluted compared to record collecting, lol

I'm not super into variants, but this is what I've gathered over the last ten or so years of buying comics weekly (and being foolish enough to try and collect all the ones for this).

A lot of books have a B cover.  You can normally order those from your shop (the order date has passed* for issues 1-3, but good to know for the future).  In the case of this book, there was a B, C and D cover for issue 1 too.   After the fact, you should be able to buy those from Midtown, MyComicShop or eBay for cover price or less.

A lot of books also have incentive covers.  If a variant is an incentive of 50, it means the shop will have to order 50 copies or the book to be able to order that incentive variant.  I've mostly ordered these online and they can be a bit expensive depending upon what the incentive number is.  Look around too, prices vary a lot based on the comic shop.

Quite a few shops had a shop exclusive variant for this as well.  First bet is to try and order from the shop directly, past that I think eBay is the next best option.  These can be a little expensive as well.  They seem to be a /500 type thing on this book.

Hope that helps clear it up a bit!

* comic print runs are based on how many copies are ordered before a certain date.  So, if you decide you want variants after the final order cutoff, it's less likely you'll get them by asking your shop for em.

Edited by radiatorhums

Couple other versions:

Retailer Preview edition - this was sent out to retailers in advance, has a virgin cover.

Convention exclusives - I don't think there have been any yet, but I would expect some to pop up in the spring once conventions are up again, I think Image avoided all the shows over the last month.

It's also possible they may make some other crazy stuff Rosenberg gets creative with marketing.  Looks like there is a CD for this book already, he has made tapes in the past.  I have a script book he made for one of his comics as well.

34 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Convention exclusives - I don't think there have been any yet, but I would expect some to pop up in the spring once conventions are up again, I think Image avoided all the shows over the last month.

There's a /100 foil for #1 that was intended for conventions, but sold on their site instead for that reason.  There's also one for #2, but I'm not sure if that was for conventions as well or just a "we're going to keep doing foil" thing.

Also also, some comics will get a second (third, fourth, etc.) printing depending on if that initial run sells out across the board. Those new printings will sometimes have variant covers, or other ways to mark that they're a new printing. However due to current supply chain issues Image has said they are ceasing to do that, once a comic is out of print from them you have to wait for the collected edition.

I called midtown today and asked about it. Super nice guy on the phone said they should be getting their shipment on the 29th. I specifically asked if it was 1st press or 2nd press, he said 1st, but I'm also not sure if he understood the different between a press and an issue. So yeah, hoping it is indeed 1st press, 1st issue, lol.

1 hour ago, geezfools said:

I called midtown today and asked about it. Super nice guy on the phone said they should be getting their shipment on the 29th. I specifically asked if it was 1st press or 2nd press, he said 1st, but I'm also not sure if he understood the different between a press and an issue. So yeah, hoping it is indeed 1st press, 1st issue, lol.

The second issue already came out (non-vinyl edition at least).