PO Now: Blake Schwarzenbach b/w Joyce Manor 7" as part of a comic book series published by Image Comics called "What's The Furthest Place From Here?" by Matthew Rosenberg and Tyler Boss (every month starting from 10.11.21)

13 hours ago, brandy said:

Gah! Missed the first prints of both no. 4 and now no. 5 too. Any way that you guys have been keeping up with the releases so far? Like, which and what accounts or newsletters should I be following?

Best but will set up a pull at your local comic shop.  That way they auto order every issue for you.

Still haven't heard from the original comic book store I went through and have a pull list set up with, I've probably "ordered" or "preordered" $100 worth of comics, but not a single call yet... I may just try and grab everything from midtown unfortunately, especially after hearing so many stories of shops only getting single copies in...

Edited by geezfools

5 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Most shops don't call when you have a pull set up, you just have to go in and pick it up.  I would really recommend reaching out to them.  If you ordered $100 worth of product from them and don't go in and buy it it could put most small business comic shops in a tough spot.

I’ve called them every 2-3 weeks since I originally pre-ordered. They know exactly who I am by now. I did specifically ask this evening  if anything else besides the record edition had arrived and I was surprised when they said a couple copies were waiting for me. They also said this first edition won’t show up until Feb, which makes me think I’ll be getting a second press from them and now makes me nervous about getting a 2nd edition. Who knows, lol. Whole new world to me!

When I said $100 of stuff, it’s all the POs for this series, so $100 on order, but probably only $10-15 actually in store, I’ll go grab it this week, though the shop is a 45 minute drive from my house.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some updates from Rosenberg's SubStack

WTFPFH? #1 Deluxe- BLAKE SCHWARZENBACH / JOYCE MANOR is out now but we are reprinting it. Those reprints should be in shops in the spring we hope.

WTFPFH? #2 Deluxe- SCREAMING FEMALES / WORRIERS the records have been at Diamond Distribution since early January. We are told they should be hitting comic shops next week or the week after?

WTFPFH? #3 DELUXE- NOTHING / RESTORATIONS is in production now and we’re hoping will be in shops in April?

WTFPFH? #4 DELUXE- CHUBBY & THE GANG / SPIRITUAL CRAMP is waiting for parts to begin manufacturing.

WTFPFH? #5 DELUXE- AJJ / TIM BARRY is waiting for parts to begin manufacturing.

15 hours ago, Pug__Face said:

Excited for issue #7 which is up for preorder now

Whats The Furthest Place From Here Deluxe Edition #7 With 7-Inch Record Cover B 2nd Pressing - Midtown Comics

tracks by Julien Baker & Sharon Van Etten

I ended up buying the regular version of this comic because they didn't have the deluxe version at my local comic shop and now I'm hooked on the story. Hopefully I can track down all the deluxe versions down the road

12 hours ago, diabretic said:

God dammit, this is so cool and combines 2 things I really love but I had gotten lucky that I wasn’t trying to chase any of them down….til I saw that issue 7 is a Julien Baker split so I’ve now got it ordered at 2 different places. 

Variant collecting of this is nightmare fuel. I got two different colors of the first one but I'm thinking I'll just settle for one for the rest.  Excited for the Gulch record too.

• 1 month later...