PO Now: Blake Schwarzenbach b/w Joyce Manor 7" as part of a comic book series published by Image Comics called "What's The Furthest Place From Here?" by Matthew Rosenberg and Tyler Boss (every month starting from 10.11.21)

36 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

#1 is getting regular plays in the jukebox.

#2 is sitting in my comic stack to read/listen to this weekend.

Very much enjoying this type of release....just wish they wouldnt have the current vinyl delays of the world to deal with in getting them out on time.

I'm still waiting on #2 because I unfortunately bought it along with #3..... So it looks like they've been holding it until now.

3 minutes ago, HardlineKid said:

.....and my #3 got cancelled, per my order list. Wow. 

Does anyone know where to find these at this point? 

I have a standing order with my local comic shop so they get pulled for me each release.  I would guess secondary is going to be the only venue at this point for the first few if you don't have them lined up already.

• 8 months later...
15 minutes ago, chiefwahoo said:

Does anybody know if they are going to continue this series or did they abandon the vinyl aspect altogether?

I heard somewhere that they have the next couple pressed but there was an unspecified hold up at the distribution place that adds the records to the comics and sends it out.  It is definitely a crazy mess.  I mean they are through issue 10 now. It wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't fall apart at some point and they stop.

10 minutes ago, xgrantx said:

I heard somewhere that they have the next couple pressed but there was an unspecified hold up at the distribution place that adds the records to the comics and sends it out.  It is definitely a crazy mess.  I mean they are through issue 10 now. It wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't fall apart at some point and they stop.

I haven't received anything since issue 2, so I'm done trying

54 minutes ago, HardlineKid said:

I haven't received anything since issue 2, so I'm done trying

Issue 3 with the 7" came out last Wednesday.

1 hour ago, xgrantx said:

I mean they are through issue 10 now. It wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't fall apart at some point and they stop.

Only the first 6 issues were solicited with 7"s.  Not sure if that was the plan all along or this being such a mess had them scrap the idea.  It's too bad that a cool idea was soured by delays, not enough copies, etc.

16 hours ago, radiatorhums said:

Issue 3 with the 7" came out last Wednesday.

Only the first 6 issues were solicited with 7"s.  Not sure if that was the plan all along or this being such a mess had them scrap the idea.  It's too bad that a cool idea was soured by delays, not enough copies, etc.

I have a pre-order for #7 so that looks like it was the last one.

This 100% soured my taste on comics or at least the local comic shop I was dealing with, not gonna lie. Was trying to work with a local comic shop and with how delayed the releases were, I stopped calling them every few weeks and then when I finally went in, they said they put my stuff out on the shelf because they hadn't heard from me and allegedly tried to call me. Phone records show otherwise. So I kinda let it go and figured I'd just get them on eBay or something eventually. Such a headache, even though I love the idea.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/11/2023 at 3:18 PM, CatsNJazz said:

I pre-ordered issue #6 exactly a year ago from Midtown Comics and I never received an update and just canceled my order not to long ago. It's crazy how poorly these have been handled and every comic book shop I've gone to can't seem to get one

Mine arrived yesterday, I can't believe it. Only a 20 month wait, you should have held out!

• 1 month later...