Furnace Fest vinyl collaborations

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to scramble for these and overpay someone on eBay or whatever, and then be pissed when they go up for sale online for 1/4 what they paid, minus the eXcLuSiVe ObI sTrIp

I guess this assumes T&N and Unoriginal aren’t so stupid as to have such a convoluted and limited release for the first time pressings of such beloved albums. I mean, they pressed like 2,000 copies of O’ God the Aftermath in 2016 and it sold out. 

On 9/20/2021 at 6:48 PM, INRIhab said:

Norma Jean "Bless the Martyr..." 

He Is Legend "I Am Hollywood" 

The Chariot "Wars and Rumors of Wars" 

Either way, whatever UO Vinyl is teasing I do hope these see a wider release aside from a "fest" edition if that's what these are. 

this is correct. 

i stood in line for an hour and a half to get the norma jean yesterday and i was in the first 25 people. feel real bad for the people who came up later. 

stoked to have bless the martyr on vinyl, but it really was the most inefficient roll-out. not only was it a glorified preorder, but they had every damn person ordering through ONE (1) ipad. then when silent planet finished and dude had to be over at another stage for unwed sailor, we had to do a pied piper situation across the grounds, which was impractical as hell and a bunch of people of course skipped in line. it would have made a million times more sense to have a qr code or something that everyone in line could scan and order on their phones. 

1 hour ago, casey said:

this is correct. 

i stood in line for an hour and a half to get the norma jean yesterday and i was in the first 25 people. feel real bad for the people who came up later. 

stoked to have bless the martyr on vinyl, but it really was the most inefficient roll-out. not only was it a glorified preorder, but they had every damn person ordering through ONE (1) ipad. then when silent planet finished and dude had to be over at another stage for unwed sailor, we had to do a pied piper situation across the grounds, which was impractical as hell and a bunch of people of course skipped in line. it would have made a million times more sense to have a qr code or something that everyone in line could scan and order on their phones. 

By the time I got there (after Unwed Sailor), we were ordering off the iPad and the phone of the woman running it. DOUBLE THE BANDWIDTH!

5 hours ago, casey said:

it would have made a million times more sense to have a qr code or something that everyone in line could scan and order on their phones. 

That's rough and I feel ya, but I don't think you could do that without it being online.  Anyone could have done a QR code, then shared the link to their friends outside the fest. Don't know how big of subnets Cellphone Carriers use on their NAT though, so I suppose if you forced Geolocation on the phone to be able to use the site that could have worked. But still, same problem, you could send one friend to get the link and then blast to all your buddies enjoying a band with no effort on their part. Scalp city.

1 hour ago, MCDELTAT said:

That's rough and I feel ya, but I don't think you could do that without it being online.  Anyone could have done a QR code, then shared the link to their friends outside the fest. Don't know how big of subnets Cellphone Carriers use on their NAT though, so I suppose if you forced Geolocation on the phone to be able to use the site that could have worked. But still, same problem, you could send one friend to get the link and then blast to all your buddies enjoying a band with no effort on their part. Scalp city.

Yep. This has happened a few times with ComplexCon; you can even geo-spoof your location with some vpn’s to trick the link into thinking you’re on the festival grounds.

If these are pre-orders expecting to ship in January, then I absolutely have to assume that Solid State has other variants slated for production that will be available online and shipping around the same time.

As someone who lives in Australia and ranks 'I Am Hollywood' in their all time top 5 albums, I have to make sure I somehow get my hands on a copy.

4 hours ago, zacktx said:

spacer.pngAny takers?

I hear someone at Unoriginal says these furnace fest pressings are it. No other variants being made right now. Who knows!

I would say that's just talk to get the festival presses moved. Paying for the license to press HIL/The Chariot for the first time and NJ the first time out of the box set only to release them exclusively for a single festival is just dumb business.

Edited by cautionthieves
Typo

10 minutes ago, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

Did the TBS ans Thursday ones sell out? Any idea when and where they might go up for sale?

They still had some copies at Seasick Records yesterday morning (they split the pressing between the Fest and the shop). Maybe try calling them?