Furnace Fest vinyl collaborations

1 hour ago, Alan P said:

I’ll be at FF thankfully, so I am happy to help people out. I am going to try to buy Embodyment and Blindside for myself, but I am not interested in the other two. I’m happy to try to pick up the Obi strips though and pass them on. Maybe I’ll just do a random drawing for whoever is interested? Any other ideas so that I can give everyone a fair chance?

Random draw sounds fair!

11 hours ago, Alan P said:

I’ll be at FF thankfully, so I am happy to help people out. I am going to try to buy Embodyment and Blindside for myself, but I am not interested in the other two. I’m happy to try to pick up the Obi strips though and pass them on. Maybe I’ll just do a random drawing for whoever is interested? Any other ideas so that I can give everyone a fair chance?

would love both of the other two (Life in Your Way in particular) if you're able to land them! will throw my name in if you go the drawing route too i reckon

On 9/13/2022 at 12:09 PM, fartsandwich said:

I’m still calling a lot of bullshit around this not being a bigger release later

Well yeah, this is a big factor in releases these days. Not to bring it up again, but I got kicked from the Holy Fawn discord for sharing the pressing info (not images). The band responded to me saying the labels all wanted it that way.

My conjecture: All the other dealers (Hard Times, Indies, whatever) have it in their contract to not reveal before hand.
1) To increase FOMO, to increase the chance you'll just buy the first variant that you see or gets dropped on VC. If all the links are right there nice and tidy in front of you, you're willing to take the time to get the prettier/cheaper one.

2) To make it less clear how easy it is to get the record. Here we are, all begging friends with tickets to pick us up a copy, all by guaranteeing that it will sell out at FF. Then when the announce for any others come later, we'll both be happy that there are options and they'll have 1-2 less variants to sell through.

3) Reinforces the "go visit the label IG/FB/Twitter", that's where you get the information, not through some random VC forum post that's better put together than what the Intern did in 2 days.

13 hours ago, Alan P said:

I may be able to help out. I've got to figure out how many LP's I'll be able to realistically fly home with.

Thank you. Appreciated. Keep me posted. And no worries if not able to. 

I attended last year's FF and it was a bit of a hassle to get vinyl there. Luckily for us, we drove to AL, so it wasn't too big an issue traveling back. I'm bummed I can't attend this year but things in life are in the way with family health issues and work. 

15 hours ago, diabretic said:

I hope it isn’t the same shit show this year as it was last year. Also hope you can get that blindside on Friday cause that’s the only day I’m going. 

I didn't even try to get the OUV exclusives last year as I refused to wait in line while shows were going on to get them. Seems like their plan is better this year. And will be curious about Blindside as well--it will be the first thing I look for when I get through the gate Friday morning, but I am expecting it not to be on sale until the day they play--Saturday.

19 hours ago, Alan P said:

I didn't even try to get the OUV exclusives last year as I refused to wait in line while shows were going on to get them. Seems like their plan is better this year. And will be curious about Blindside as well--it will be the first thing I look for when I get through the gate Friday morning, but I am expecting it not to be on sale until the day they play--Saturday.

I think since it’s Furnace Fest selling the vinyl maybe they’ll have it at their merch booth? Idk. Fingers crossed for whatever. 

On 9/14/2022 at 9:08 AM, Alan P said:

Let's do the random drawing. DM me if you want in and clarify if you want Dead Poetic, Life In Your Way, or both). To clarify, if you win the first drawing on Friday of FF, you will not be eligible for the second drawing on Saturday. 

Update-- Day 1 was a success! I found the Dead Poetic Obi strip from UOV easily, and then did a random name wheel and notified the winner.  I'll let him identify himself if he'd like. Doing the same again today--will be on the lookout when I get through the gate for the UOV guys--if it works the winner is notified by email. I will say this year it is really easy and no problem. I kept bumping into Jason (no line) and he still had Dead Poetic Obi strips later in the day. Part of this is there are clearly not as many people at FF this year.

Also, the Blindside LP is not going on sale until today. That is my #1 priority headed into the gate this morning and we'll see how it goes. They also have a sweet poster I want to pick up they posted on their Instagram.

As far as the music yesterday, Thrice was easily my #1, they were so tight as usual and "Illusion of Safety" sounded fantastic. They wrapped up with That Hideous Strength, Artist in the Ambulance, and Hurricane. A close second for me was Stretch Arm Strong. SAS also wins the award for the best merch--at least 5 different SAS shirts I wanted, but I bought two last year, so none this time. Finally, Drug Church and Capra really impressed me. Today is loaded!

Thanks you for doing this @Alan P

I came out for my lunch break yesterday and saw that I won the Dead Poetic draw. Good luck to whoever is up for the LIYW today. 

I do hope LIYW and Embodyment will be leftover on Wednesday same for any of those Darling Fire fest editions. That album is so good! 

Edited by INRIhab

Hey Alan, while you’re at it with bringing things back home for people, any chance you can kidnap Elliott and their gear and bring them back for me? I’ll pay handsomely, as in I’ll pay you for your unused airfare and for the U-Haul rental truck to stuff them and gear in. Thanks in advance. Seeing them with Jay again was on my never-gonna-happen wish list for 2 decades now. Ok I promise I’ll shut up about how crushed I am over missing them now.

https://www.discogs.com/release/24618668-Blindside-Silence

So far 3 copies have gone for $125 x 2 and $145 USD. I doubt they're going down from here... 

I heard they were gone fairly quickly. 

Seeing as how it's licensed from Rhino, I hope the band already have plans for a non fest edition. 

Edited by INRIhab

Saw people in the T&N Facebook group saying since there wasn't a limit, people walking away from Blindside's booth with several - one guy said someone bought 15 (possibly exaggerated, but still). I'll be gutted if this was the only pressing and they chose to handle it like that.

1 hour ago, jeremysexytime said:

Saw people in the T&N Facebook group saying since there wasn't a limit, people walking away from Blindside's booth with several - one guy said someone bought 15 (possibly exaggerated, but still). I'll be gutted if this was the only pressing and they chose to handle it like that.

There was absolutely not a limit, when I picked up a copy for a friend they asked "Only one?"