Furnace Fest vinyl collaborations

On 1/6/2023 at 3:05 PM, Alan P said:

Just got a shipping notice on the Embodyment LP! I am pumped; it is the only one I actually ordered at the fest.

When you get yours, let us know if the vocals on the acoustic version of One Less Addiction on your pressing are pretty distorted. I tried cleaning a few times and checked other records to make sure there wasn’t something going on with my table.

1 hour ago, iamjordanbanks said:

When you get yours, let us know if the vocals on the acoustic version of One Less Addiction on your pressing are pretty distorted. I tried cleaning a few times and checked other records to make sure there wasn’t something going on with my table.

This sucks. Mine hasn’t come yet, but will do. Worried honestly because my Idle Threat record (also T&N) is distorted the last two tracks on side A.

Has anyone else received their dead poetic album yet? I thought it was supposed to be

a gorgeous, UV spot coating, off set “wallpaper pattern” printed LP jacket”

Mine is about as regular as it could be. And for $35 it’s kind of a dick punch since they did this with Bless the Martyr too

got my LIYW today, sounds immaculate. jacket has a little surprise, a pop-up mountain range adapted from the CD art that opens as you open the gatefold. it's a bit too thick for the inside of the gatefold though which has me concerned about warp to jacket and/or disc over time, might have to get clever about how i store this one...
5tTLWuB.jpg

Got my Embodyment and looks and sounds great. I've only spun disc 1, so haven't yet discovered if there is distortion on disc 2--but happy that they are 45 rpm. Kind of surprised and disappointed it's not a gatefold, the art is fine, but kind of basic considering the price point and the level of detail in the original CD artwork (that is not found here). I wish they had done something like that unique LIYW jacket.

Also, so much for Unoriginal vinyl's plan to stop scalpers. There is someone on Discogs who got three Obi strips for Embodyment and purchased three copies of the album--they have one in their Discogs collection and then two for sale for $105 each. And the descriptions give the Obi strip numbers. 😡 😫 

19 hours ago, fartsandwich said:

Has anyone else received their dead poetic album yet? I thought it was supposed to be

a gorgeous, UV spot coating, off set “wallpaper pattern” printed LP jacket”

Mine is about as regular as it could be. And for $35 it’s kind of a dick punch since they did this with Bless the Martyr too

My copy came on Tuesday. I think I’m satisfied with how it turned out. I think I’m immune/not disappointed from marketing language like you listed about how they described the pressing. It’s very clearly a basic pressing with an insert and unique color swirl but nothing extravagant.  $35 is stupid for a single no frills lp but that’s becoming the norm and this album is not available anywhere else so it feels reasonable. It sounds pretty solid if it’s any consolation. 

1 hour ago, xthricex said:

My copy came on Tuesday. I think I’m satisfied with how it turned out. I think I’m immune/not disappointed from marketing language like you listed about how they described the pressing. It’s very clearly a basic pressing with an insert and unique color swirl but nothing extravagant.  $35 is stupid for a single no frills lp but that’s becoming the norm and this album is not available anywhere else so it feels reasonable. It sounds pretty solid if it’s any consolation. 

The record itself looks and sounds awesome and I’m glad I got it but life in your way gets a pop up book and showbread got the full service and this feels like a “be happy you finally got this on vinyl” feel to it

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
2 minutes ago, copelandkid said:

stuff geared towards the older crowd (which tbf i reckon is a big chunk of the FF crowd). new school T&N me hopes we'll see some Secret & Whisper next yr on wax (and on tour?? a boy can dream).

And that new school t&n with s&w is 15 years old, that's a good indicator that t&n is hibernating for soo many years sadly...

I know Haste The Day said they have two unreleased albums coming soon (I'm guessing "Pressure The Hinges" and "AOTWK") and Living Sacrifice's "The Hammering Process" is getting a repress. And I'd like to say those are the three blurred out images in the middle.

As for the three Furnace Fest titles, I'm really only interested in Showbread. Anyone here going (again) this year?