Radiohead - Kid A / Amnesiac 21st Anniversary Reissue (KID A Mnesia)

CeCeCe

The one caveat is production time is different now than it was in 2017. With OKNOTOK, they saw the demand and upped the pressing amount and thats why they weren't tough to find. this may be all we get because it may be very tough to order a few thousand more in a 2021 vinyl production environment. 

But yeah, if you can hit a store on release weekend, you'll get it no problem. 

Edited by timsimmons

42 minutes ago, ntslash said:

This same shit happened when OKNOTOK was first announced. There was a frenzy around the blue copies and then they were super easy to find on release date. 

This was exactly what I was thinking. Everyone went crazy for that and the white Moon Shaped Pool during presales but then they were pretty easy to find. I know the resale price of OKNOTOK has gone up a bit now, but it was readily available around retail on ebay/discogs when it was released.

13 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

The one caveat is production time is different now than it was in 2017. With OKNOTOK, they saw the demand and upped the pressing amount and thats why they weren't tough to find. this may be all we get because it may be very tough to order a few thousand more in a 2021 vinyl production environment.

Did they actually bump the pressing, Or did we all just think it was lower because Rough Trade posted an incorrect number. I can't recall. I may be thinking of AMSP where someone said it was 3k and then all of a sudden it was 9. From the looks of discogs they must have done a good 50k of the OKNOTOK blues.

Edited by fish

Not sure if we're over the hype hump yet on this one --- but damn, man. I'm disappointed.  If there was ever a Radiohead release that I was ready to drop $ on, it's Amnesiac.  Just severely underwhelmed by the options this time around.  Might end up picking up a white or red down the line if they're still available, but, dang. 

The 2 books tempted me the most, and if it wasn't $80+ for 2 coffee table books I'd skim once or twice and never again I'd probably pick them up.

Think they missed the mark with this round.  That said, I'll probably be proven wrong and when people have them in hand they'll be amazing and better than the AMSP/OKNOTOK deluxes etc. But, I'm feeling pretty okay about not dropping $120+ on this this morning like I thought I would - but at the same time feeling a little disappointed that I don't get to drop some decent dough on a cool Amnesiac pressing. 

Yeah, I understand the temptation to bundle these two since the band has always insisted they were twin albums but I think we would have been happy with 3LPs of both, if anything to spread the main albums out onto 2LPs. I'll buy this at the store regardless.
I feel as though a lot of anniversary editions for a few years now are always missing a few key extras (whether it be fan fave b-sides; incomplete EPs) and replace them with stuff no one asked for, like modern re-recordings or new mixes of songs on the album that aren't that hugely different than the OG mixes (although I like the album of covers concept).

I’m really torn on waiting for indie or spending the money on the white with book. Damn. I’m saving up for Klipsch Forte IVs but can take a little from the fund to grab the bundle… think I might have to. That book sounds too damn cool. 

Think I’m gonna get the red indie when it comes out and order the coffee table book. 

Edited by Sad Heart

I’m sure if they were pressing this during normal times, we would have seen a 6LP version with the smaller book included, maybe with the tapes for $200.

but I understand why they broke this up like they did. There’s a large swath of ephemera, but to bundle that all together in covid times of production, it would be a bonkers amount and they wouldn’t move as much.  

Edited by timsimmons

I honestly don’t mind them combining the two albums since they came out just months apart and were basically companion pieces.  

I don’t like that few of the b-sides from Amnesiac are included on anything except the crappy cassette format.   Also know Extended Version of Treefingers??

I love the fact that Follow Me Around is finally getting released in a proper format.  I would have bought this regardless for that fact alone

Edited by OldKentuckyShark

41 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I’m sure if they were pressing this during normal times, we would have seen a 6LP version with the smaller book included, maybe with the tapes for $200.

but I understand why they broke this up like they did. There’s a large swath of ephemera, but to bundle that all together in covid times of production, it would be a bonkers amount and they wouldn’t move as much.  

Ayyyye you justified my bonkers ass $250 purchase in one fell swoop. Thank you for this.

2 hours ago, timsimmons said:

but oknotok did include the tape, a (or two?) tiny booklets and a gigantic coffee table book for around the same price if i remembered correctly. also the standard 3LP (black or blue) were around $40-$45, they are $60 this time. from the bang for the buck perspective it is quite bonkers especially the cassette. still, i punted for all 3 and the paperback, and may still get the hardcover book later 🥲

plaid room records in ohio are excellent (whether it is pricing, packing or communicating in general) and i’m pretty sure they are going to get some, but they are usually slow in posting new inventory. maybe send an email or call them, and keep your eyes peeled over the coming days. 

Edited by wuhanclan

19 minutes ago, wuhanclan said:

plaid room records in ohio are excellent (whether it is pricing, packing or communicating in general) and i’m pretty sure they are going to get some, but they are usually slow in posting new inventory. maybe send an email or call them, and keep your eyes peeled over the coming days. 

I talked to Plaidroom. They are not doing a pre-order for this. They did say they ordered hundreds of copies of this title. It'll drop the night of November 4, when they release their "new releases" email. Also, likely to be Limit 1 Per Customer. 

My guess is they'll charge $55 for it, and it'll ship for free. Seems like their prices are always a few dollars less than every other shop. 

19 minutes ago, joshgrigsby said:

Just cancelled my cream for $136 and picked up a Canadian copy of the red for about $75 USD shipped here:

https://shop.listenrecords.net/radiohead-kid-a-mnesia-lp.html

It comes out to CA $94.99 shipped ~ $75 USD. Worth the $61 savings for sure.

Interesting, the description says red OR black. I guess it's random which one you get?