Radiohead - Kid A / Amnesiac 21st Anniversary Reissue (KID A Mnesia)

CeCeCe

26 minutes ago, Captainricebox said:

My understanding is there are 2 versions of the artwork - one for each original album. Banquet said you could ask them for a specific cover, otherwise it would be chosen at random. I haven't seen this mentioned elsehwere though, I don't think. 

i think it’s front and back (if kid a is the front then amnesiac is on the back up side down) 

6 minutes ago, wuhanclan said:

i think it’s front and back (if kid a is the front then amnesiac is on the back up side down) 

Thay would make most sense, and I can't see that bit written anywhere on the Banquet site now.  It also mentions gatefold, but each photo looks like regular two page gatefold, with one double page for each album. Can records work with a centre page gatefold? 

It's blowing my mind how a triple pocket jacket at $60-75 is somehow being considered a good deal compared to the deluxe book. Do y'all not own any past Radiohead deluxe editions? Shit is 4 pounds lol downgrading to save ~33% is gonna make you feel dumb later just sayin.

12 minutes ago, The Fuck Whisperer said:

It's blowing my mind how a triple pocket jacket at $60-75 is somehow being considered a good deal compared to the deluxe book. Do y'all not own any past Radiohead deluxe editions? Shit is 4 pounds lol downgrading to save ~33% is gonna make you feel dumb later just sayin.

Depends on a number of factors, I guess. The Blue OKNOTOK has held better value than the box, which some record stores still have in stock in tthe UK, pkus, you can get the 360 page book and the red vinyl delivered for less than the deluxe vinyl (36 page book) over here. - my red is costing £43 delvered, vs £90 for the deluxe. 

1 hour ago, The Fuck Whisperer said:

I feel dumb reading this post. I can't figure out what you are trying to say. 

The red 3LP is $60. The deluxe edition is $120 plus $15 shipping. 

Edited by ntslash

I think he's trying to say the standard version is over priced (Its a 3 x direct to board wide spined sleeve, like OKNOTOK - which I believe was about $40 on blue vinyl), but they put enough work into the deluxe to make it worth the cost.

If its a book like OKNOTOK and AMSP, I'd agree.

16 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I think he's trying to say the standard version is over priced (Its a 3 x direct to board wide spined sleeve, like OKNOTOK - which I believe was about $40 on blue vinyl), but they put enough work into the deluxe to make it worth the cost.

Got it now! Thanks for translating. I'm an old man and don't always get this hip internet speak. 

4 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Yes this. $120 is still a lot but it'll feel more worth it imo. I don't think people are understanding the scope of a 4 pound object. I think the 360 page book is mostly words too, and also like 9 inches tall.

On 9/8/2021 at 8:46 AM, pepperonigin said:

Love me some Radiohead and blindly bought the cream edition but I've just put an order cancellation in. It's hard to justify an extra $70 for a book I'll probably flip through once. Red indie is way better value.

Cancelled Cream as well,  went with indie red. Speaking of Cream, enjoyed new episodes of The Wu on Hulu! 

I bought indie exclusives of OK and AMSP and while considering the box sets, I was glad I did both times after checking out the sets a friend had bought. They are certainly nice to look at, but I felt like I was done with the extras after briefly browsing through them once. 

So yeah, I preordered the red 3LP and bet it ends up real nice. 

Red vinyl is going to be a blood bath at release. It's limited to 3500  copies (it's Radiohead why not 10k?) and it's exclusive to a single distro. I already cut off preorders for my store and I ordered 100 and have maybe 1/5 of that in preorders already and worried about filling those 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, nelso330 said:

The deluxe cream edition is sold out! I’m a little surprised, as I feel

like other deluxe editions of theirs stuck around for quite awhile …

I’m guessing with as small of a pressing as the red indie seems to be getting, the only other option is the deluxe edition.   The indie pressings were much larger for previous albums