Radiohead - Kid A / Amnesiac 21st Anniversary Reissue (KID A Mnesia)

CeCeCe

38 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

I’m guessing with as small of a pressing as the red indie seems to be getting, the only other option is the deluxe edition.   The indie pressings were much larger for previous albums

I have a hard time believing someone who wanted the indie version over the deluxe is gonna spend double for this massive book version and not just grab a black copy for cheaper. I think its just also a smaller pressing than usual.

On 9/27/2021 at 3:12 PM, iwokeinrelief said:

I saw earlier that one of my local shops has this up for pre-order still.

https://www.joseyrecords.com/p/26509474/radiohead-kid-a-mnesia-3lp-indie-exclusive-red-vinyl

Probably will get cancelled but worth a shot if someone still needs a copy.

Nice, thanks. Worth a shot, indeed. 

On 9/27/2021 at 5:12 PM, iwokeinrelief said:

I saw earlier that one of my local shops has this up for pre-order still.

https://www.joseyrecords.com/p/26509474/radiohead-kid-a-mnesia-3lp-indie-exclusive-red-vinyl

Probably will get cancelled but worth a shot if someone still needs a copy.

Do they charge right away or when it ships?

• 1 month later...

email from WASTE today: 

There are shipping delays affecting the KID AMNESIETTE Cassette Special Edition, KID A MNESIA Hardback Art Catalogue book and THE "SCARRY" 3LP Special Edition.

The stock is currently on a container ship travelling from Europe to the USA. However, as you may already be aware there are severe supply chain disruptions and challenges that are affecting transportation of goods globally. This has caused unprecedented backlogs with companies including W.A.S.T.E, competing for containers and delivery dates. 

We have been advised that it is currently taking roughly 80 days for stock to travel from Europe and to be off-loaded at the L.A port. On this basis we now anticipate being able to dispatch the affected formats in early 2022. 

We want to sincerely apologise for the disappointment this news may have caused.

To try and reduce the frustration we will be part dispatching orders that include any formats that are unaffected by the delays, namely FEAR STALKS THE LAND! Paperback book, KID A MNESIA Standard Triple CD and KID A MNESIA Standard Triple Vinyl. Part-shipped orders will be on their way to you by the end of the week.

For fans who bought the KID A MNESIA Hardback Art Catalogue book, we will also be sharing the e-book version with you in line with the original end of November timeframe. 

As a reminder, for fans who ordered the KID AMNESIETTE  Cassette Special Edition and  THE "SCARRY" BOOK 3LP Special Edition, the digital download of the albums Kid A, Amnesiac and KID AMNESIAE will be available to you from 5th November. 

Thank you so much for your ongoing patience, it is so appreciated.

Kindest regards,

The W.A.S.T.E customer service team

Got mine in today and did a quick comparison of the Kid A 10" vs this (red). Basically sound the same, but I'd say this newer press sounds better than my 10" copy, the bass is deeper without affecting the mids and highs. Kid A is squeezed hard onto each side in comparison to the other two LPs in the set. I feel the only track that suffers is Motion Picture Soundtrack; It's not a dealbreaker that is has the slightest, I mean ever so slightest, sibalent artefacts on the singing, but I only noticed because after my first playback I hopped through the 10" and that's really not fair (no one's going to do that every playback, are they?)! It could be the slight warp my copy has, or it could be how it sounds, but I'm hardly going to be playing both side by side to nitpick, I imagine the other two LPs will sound just as great. Solid mastering to get this to fit, so well done to them.

53 minutes ago, Subdomestic said:

Preordered this from Encore  earlier today. A buddy of mine lives like 5 minutes away from the shop so I'm having him grab it for me once I get confirmation it's ready! 

1 hour ago, INRIhab said:

Preordered this from Encore  earlier today. A buddy of mine lives like 5 minutes away from the shop so I'm having him grab it for me once I get confirmation it's ready! 

Nice! Encore is great. Bought from them many times.

I also ordered this record from them earlier today and they've already shipped it.

2 minutes ago, Daiei said:

Lots of complaints about sound quality on discogs...anyone care to share reviews here?

https://www.discogs.com/master/2363104-Radiohead-Kid-A-Mnesia

(post a bit further up the page):

On 11/4/2021 at 9:42 AM, whoa said:

Got mine in today and did a quick comparison of the Kid A 10" vs this (red). Basically sound the same, but I'd say this newer press sounds better than my 10" copy, the bass is deeper without affecting the mids and highs. Kid A is squeezed hard onto each side in comparison to the other two LPs in the set. I feel the only track that suffers is Motion Picture Soundtrack; It's not a dealbreaker that is has the slightest, I mean ever so slightest, sibalent artefacts on the singing, but I only noticed because after my first playback I hopped through the 10" and that's really not fair (no one's going to do that every playback, are they?)! It could be the slight warp my copy has, or it could be how it sounds, but I'm hardly going to be playing both side by side to nitpick, I imagine the other two LPs will sound just as great. Solid mastering to get this to fit, so well done to them.

Edited by iwokeinrelief

9 minutes ago, Daiei said:

Lots of complaints about sound quality on discogs...anyone care to share reviews here?

https://www.discogs.com/master/2363104-Radiohead-Kid-A-Mnesia

Discogs is notorious for knee-jerk reviews from people who’ve never wet cleaned a record in their life, and are shocked that their entry level Audio Technica table is suffering distorted playback.  I take the reviews and comments on that site with a massive grain of salt.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Discogs is notorious for knee-jerk reviews from people who’ve never wet cleaned a record in their life, and are shocked that their entry level Audio Technica table is suffering distorted playback.  I take the reviews and comments on that site with a massive grain of salt.

This exactly. It's always strange to see people who have been members here for 10+ years acting like they're new to the hobby.

On 11/4/2021 at 11:58 AM, timsimmons said:

Kid Amnesia is a really cool comp. It feels relevant to the era, added on like IR disc 2 but also a better version of what they were trying to do with the OKNOTOK cassette. Its its own thing and sequenced like an EP/LP.

Some great stuff on it. 

Agreed!  I think a collected b-sides comp would be great to see eventually but for this anniversary release the bonus disc kind of perfectly ties the mood of the records together so I'm glad they went that route.  I loved the OKNOTOK cassette as well for similar reasons, I find that I actually listen to that as much as OK Computer but that may largely be due to how much I've already listened to that record in my life.