Radiohead - Kid A / Amnesiac 21st Anniversary Reissue (KID A Mnesia)

CeCeCe

Did anyone else get this email from Port of Sound regarding the status of the red vinyl? I thought the delays were all on the black version:

Reaching out to you in regards to your order. Due to manufacturing delays your item will not be shipped until 2nd week of Dec Possibly sooner. The item has been secured from label for your order, we are now just waiting for the item. THIS IS NOT

A CANCELATION EMAIL. If You would like to cancel your order please let us know.

We are so sorry for the delay and inconvenience this may cause.

I love when discog comments are like old man ramblings.

Anyone getting distortion? Radiohead came to my school, back then I used to like milk warmed up on the radiator, but my friend became lactose intolerant and we always thought he lacked toast and was being tolerant of that. He  went on to become a famous drag queen and my record sounds scratchy towards the end of one track because I have a shonky 1940s tuba attached to a diamond my ex girlfriend gave to me when she ran off with Marc Bolan.

3 minutes ago, whoa said:

I love when discog comments are like old man ramblings.

Anyone getting distortion? Radiohead came to my school, back then I used to like milk warmed up on the radiator, but my friend became lactose intolerant and we always thought he lacked toast and was being tolerant of that. He  went on to become a famous drag queen and my record sounds scratchy towards the end of one track because I have a shonky 1940s tuba attached to a diamond my ex girlfriend gave to me when she ran off with Marc Bolan.

This may be one of the funniest things I've read here in my 8 years on VC

15 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Discogs is notorious for knee-jerk reviews from people who’ve never wet cleaned a record in their life, and are shocked that their entry level Audio Technica table is suffering distorted playback.  I take the reviews and comments on that site with a massive grain of salt.

There's a significant number of reports of problems (both US & European copies) over at Steve Hoffman as well. The one thing that place is not is full of noobs.

36 minutes ago, ExtraFox said:

There's a significant number of reports of problems (both US & European copies) over at Steve Hoffman as well. The one thing that place is not is full of noobs.

Yeah, though my comment wasn't so much made to deny any possible defects of this press – I'm more than wiling to accept that's a reality.  I was just attempting to warn about the general validity of the Discogs comment section.  But yeah, a broken clock is still right twice a day.

2 hours ago, ExtraFox said:

No but there’s one perfect record out of every 1000000 to those guys

Edited by OldKentuckyShark

31 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

No but there’s one perfect record out of every 1000000 to those guys

please don't share your opinion of the Hoffman forums unless you have all your gear listed in your profile so I can decide how serious you are and how to perceive your opinion. thx!

5 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

please don't share your opinion of the Hoffman forums unless you have all your gear listed in your profile so I can decide how serious you are and how to perceive your opinion. thx!

Are you trying to tell me that my equipment doesn’t let me feel the warmth of vinyl?   I’ll see you in the parking lot

My copy of the black vinyl arrived today and in general it sounds good. I do hear the sibilance people mentioned on "How To Disappear Completely".  I try not to be precious about pressings, but it's pretty noticeable.

Kid A side two is mislabeled as Amnesiac side two, which was very confusing, but the audio is correct. I'll be curious to see if anyone sees this issue.

Edited by MacDonals
Updated info.

I think the 12” XL pressings have been the best of the 4 big pressings (10”, US Capitol, XL 12” and KidAmnesia). my KidAm is clipping free and generally well pressed. But I think those XL pressings sound a bit more robust to my ears. 

but the hype for this has caused me to go back to Amnesiac a lot more over the past 2 months and Damn, while not a 10.0 Radiohead record, it may be the best of those that aren’t a 10.0

Edited by timsimmons

2 hours ago, timsimmons said:

I think the 12” XL pressings have been the best of the 4 big pressings (10”, US Capitol, XL 12” and KidAmnesia). my KidAm is clipping free and generally well pressed. But I think those XL pressings sound a bit more robust to my ears. 

but the hype for this has caused me to go back to Amnesiac a lot more over the past 2 months and Damn, while not a 10.0 Radiohead record, it may be the best of those that aren’t a 10.0

The only Radiohead albums that aren't a 10.0 are King of Limbs and Pablo Honey. 

4 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Personally I think HTTT is too long and could lose 2-4 tracks. I’m open to AMSP being a 10.0

I think most people will eventually agree that AMSP is part of the 10 club with the other 3. Although personally I'd include Amnesiac as a 10 to make it 5 total. 

1 hour ago, MacDonals said:

Anyone know what kind of outer sleeve will fit this beast? Nothing in my collection will fit the three LP set.

https://www.sleevecityusa.com/ultimate-outer-boxed-set-pack-of-25-p/9350.htm

Its gonna be baggier than the LP, but it will keep it protected. 

53 minutes ago, Noseykyle said:

Does anyone find this collection essential for someone who owns both Kid A and Amnesiac and is not a collector when it comes to colors, etc...

I own OG 10” presses of both and bought this one.  Mostly for the 3rd LP of b-sides, but also to have both albums on single LPs.  

5 hours ago, Noseykyle said:

Does anyone find this collection essential for someone who owns both Kid A and Amnesiac and is not a collector when it comes to colors, etc...

I'm not a collector, I really couldn't be bothered to play my copies of Kid A because it was two songs per side and when I'm sat down working it's a pain in the arse having to get up every other minute. Also I didn't own Amnesiac. I guess if you wait until Black Friday/Christmas, you'll find these cheap when every bitch is throwing their copy out because it's ever so slighty off-centre and their shit player can't handle it.

55 minutes ago, untiliwakeup said:

Got my copy of the red 3xlp from Luna. Instead of the outtakes/demos LP, got an extra LP of Kid A. Said there’s no way to get a replacement disc. Pretty bummed.

If anyone got 2 copies of the bonus disc and is missing a red Kid A disc, let me know. 

oh wow, that’s a real bummer because the extra disc is the main reason of purchase 

1 hour ago, untiliwakeup said:

Got my copy of the red 3xlp from Luna. Instead of the outtakes/demos LP, got an extra LP of Kid A. Said there’s no way to get a replacement disc. Pretty bummed.

If anyone got 2 copies of the bonus disc and is missing a red Kid A disc, let me know. 

Do both of those Kid A discs have the same issues that a lot of others are experiencing (right-channel distortion on the last half of How To Disappear Completely, and popping throughout Motion Picture Soundtrack)?