Radiohead - Kid A / Amnesiac 21st Anniversary Reissue (KID A Mnesia)

CeCeCe

1 hour ago, untiliwakeup said:

Got my copy of the red 3xlp from Luna. Instead of the outtakes/demos LP, got an extra LP of Kid A. Said there’s no way to get a replacement disc. Pretty bummed.

If anyone got 2 copies of the bonus disc and is missing a red Kid A disc, let me know. 

1.  Glad you got your Luna purchase because I purchased from there too and haven’t received any shipping notifications.  

2.  Sucks that you didn’t get the third LP

3.  Since I ordered from there too maybe I have the opposite problem and if so I’ll contact you about it

2 hours ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

1.  Glad you got your Luna purchase because I purchased from there too and haven’t received any shipping notifications.  

interesting, I got a shipping notification on 10/29 and the USPS tracking status is still "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item"

ETA: Asked about it and they're shipping out today, sounds like they only got a very small amount initially and have been waiting for the rest of their allocation  to finally show up, which they did yesterday.

If you're looking for a shipping notice, mine showed up with the subject "Todd Robinson has sent you a package" and made no mention of Luna at all, I had to piece together what it was for.

Edited by tape

2 hours ago, wiscodeman said:

Do both of those Kid A discs have the same issues that a lot of others are experiencing (right-channel distortion on the last half of How To Disappear Completely, and popping throughout Motion Picture Soundtrack)?

I’ll get back to you on this, haven’t had the chance to listen proper to both discs the whole way through

3 hours ago, tape said:

interesting, I got a shipping notification on 10/29 and the USPS tracking status is still "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item"

ETA: Asked about it and they're shipping out today, sounds like they only got a very small amount initially and have been waiting for the rest of their allocation  to finally show up, which they did yesterday.

If you're looking for a shipping notice, mine showed up with the subject "Todd Robinson has sent you a package" and made no mention of Luna at all, I had to piece together what it was for.

Same here.  My label was created on the 29th and it just started moving today.  Hoping there isn’t 2 Kid A’s in mine.

Got my copy from Plaid Room last night. I've listened to Kid A and Amnesiac but not the bonus disc. No issues with pops or sibilance for me on either disc. This definitely sounds better than my OG 10" copies, most notably on Idioteque and Pakt Like Sardines. Really brought out sounds I'd never noticed before, which is saying a lot given how many times I have listened to these albums. 

Got my copy from Luna (great packaging by them).

I listened to Amnesiac and Kid Amnesaieiaia and overall thought the sound was good.  A couple of pops that should clear up from a wet clean but nothing like some of the reviews I’m reading.

Amnesiac is slightly off center but doesn’t affect the sound or playback. 

The third LP did have a little cut on the side from poor trimming and both seem to have varying trims - part is thick and flat, part is thin and sharp.  Again, seems to be some shitty trimming when they come off the press.

I haven’t listened to Kid A yet, which seems to have the most sound quality issues from what I’ve read.

The packaging is nice, similar to the 3xLP OKNOTOK.  Kinda bummed there’s no download card.

On 11/10/2021 at 9:37 AM, untiliwakeup said:

Got my copy of the red 3xlp from Luna. Instead of the outtakes/demos LP, got an extra LP of Kid A. Said there’s no way to get a replacement disc. Pretty bummed.

If anyone got 2 copies of the bonus disc and is missing a red Kid A disc, let me know. 

This is exact same thing happened for me! So frustrating. I ordered mine from 1-2-3-4-Go and about to reach out to them for support.

2 hours ago, Alan P said:

This is exact same thing happened for me! So frustrating. I ordered mine from 1-2-3-4-Go and about to reach out to them for support.

Damn! I was hoping you’d have the extra outtakes disc. That really sucks. Luna basically said there’s no way to get a replacement since they are sold out of the red. Was thinking of emailing xl directly but never did. 

14 hours ago, untiliwakeup said:

Damn! I was hoping you’d have the extra outtakes disc. That really sucks. Luna basically said there’s no way to get a replacement since they are sold out of the red. Was thinking of emailing xl directly but never did. 

1-2-3-4 Go! Sent me this reply: "Hello! XL Recordings is making new replacement discs, I'd suggest emailing them and they should be able to send you one!" Then they provided this email address: [email protected]

I sent XL a message this morning, I'll let you know if I hear anything.

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Is it a book similar to OKNOTOK and AMSP?

I've not got the deluxe OKNOTOK but it's not really like AMSP. Its not got a hardcover like regular book editions usually do, but each of the pages are very thick rigid card, so its like a series of panels bound together. Hard to describe really, not seen any other editions quite like it.

35 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

can you do the rotate trick, like IR?

Yeah you could but wouldn't look very good on the shelf! I've got a few oversized items so happy to keep it with those :)

28 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Can’t please everyone but this person seems remarkably underwhelmed with the end product.

After an initial spin (Kid A & Amnesiac only) I'd say my copy is a better pressing than my Red one.  I can see his point about the volume of content although it was very clear how much was going to be included from the outset.

Edited by craigeduk

22 minutes ago, craigeduk said:

After an initial spin (Kid A & Amnesiac only) I'd say my copy is a better pressing than my Red one.  I can see his point about the volume of content although it was very clear how much was going to be included from the outset.

Oh, I seldom trust random Reddit rants, especially when we have no idea what their audio setup is.  I was speaking more towards their disappoint with the actual packaging and presentation.

To be clear, I'm dunking on them showing off a collection of nothing particularly noteworthy that people have similarly posted 1000 times before, not that its small or something.  Once a day theres a "look what I found at my local thrift shop!!" ::posts picture of a used Bends CD.

17 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Did he use the phrase badbadnotgood, because theres a fucking band with that name? Serious cringe

Yup.  It was somewhere around that part of the post where it became obvious that they shouldn't be taken seriously – and for their own sake, should probably have public posting access revoked.

4 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Also, important to remember that the RH reddit is basically 18 year olds who got into them last week and way too excitable fans that post 8 CDs and 2 LPs to show off their "collection".

To be fair I thought the majority of posters on Reddit were 18 year olds. Although I must admit quite a bit of stuff that gets posted in vinyl deals also seems to end up here. 😀