Mastodon ‘Hushed And Grim’ | out October 29th | Reprise / Warner

fizio59

• fizio59 changed the title to PO SOON: Mastodon ‘Hushed And Grim’ | out October ‘21 | Reprise/Warner
1 hour ago, mcpherson123 said:

Track titles all sound cool. I hope this actually good. I haven't really enjoyed a whole album from them since Crack The Skye.

I don’t think we’ll ever get another Crack The Skye, but if they put out another Emperor of Sand I’ll be very happy.

1 minute ago, kannibal said:

I don’t think we’ll ever get another Crack The Skye, but if they put out another Emperor of Sand I’ll be very happy.

I'm not necessarily looking for a  retread, simply saying that CTS was the last full album I really dug. I'm also very fond of the prior three albums but CTS might feel like the most consistent from front to back. There are a couple of duds on the prior three albums for me where CTS just had it going on for the duration. Really just looking for consistency in quality and of course those qualities are totally subjective to my unique personal taste.

20 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

Track titles all sound cool. I hope this actually good. I haven't really enjoyed a whole album from them since Crack The Skye.

Personally, they never really hit as good as Remission. But yeah there was a cliff right after CTS. They couldn't quite touch what they did after that...

But yeah I'll check it out as well, like i always do...

Edited by faaip de oiad

2 hours ago, faaip de oiad said:

Personally, they never really hit as good as Remission. But yeah there was a cliff right after CTS. They couldn't quite touch what they did after that...

But yeah I'll check it out as well, like i always do...

You watch your mouth.. Leviathan is a masterpiece.

If I were ranking their albums I'd probably go something like:

Leviathan

CtS

Remission

Blood Mountain

Emperor of Sand

I dont listen to any other of their stuff.

Honestly CtS is probably only number two because I saw them touring it and it was amazing live.

https://shop.revolvermag.com/products/revolver-x-mastodon-fall-2021-issue-hand-numbered-slipcase-with-hushed-and-grim-clear-2lp-only-500-available?variant=39494877610078

$75 exclusive comes standard clear vinyl with screenprinted slipcover (which looks sick) and a year subscription to revolver.

• fizio59 changed the title to Mastodon ‘Hushed And Grim’ | out October 29th | Reprise / Warner