https://kf-merch.com/collections/snail-mail

- Merlot /500 (SOLD OUT)

- Hot Pink /2000

Matador / Bandcamp

https://store.matadorrecords.com/valentine
https://snailmail.bandcamp.com/album/valentine

- Gold Explosion /4000

- Black /?

Also an indie record store variant looks like it may be also gold.

Edited by joshgrigsby

Rough Trade has clear /700

https://www.roughtrade.com/us/snail-mail/valentine/lp-plus-2

Spotify is offering a pink glass variant that looks just like the hot pink mockup for some reason

EDIT: the hot pink mockup has been updated

https://store.matadorrecords.com/sx8h3f4d

Edited by Bro Use for a Name

• 1 month later...

Listening to this right now, just started the second song. Really different sound from her last album but I really dig it so far. Will try to update with more thoughts though not sure people are at all interested 😋

Track one grabbed me within 30 seconds. Really dug the fuller, more aggressive sound.

Second song, again not the acoustic guitar driven songs I was expecting, but I really enjoyed it!

Track 3. Ah, this is more what I expected after the last album, but with a little fuller sound. Part of me almost wishes she'd have continued in the vein of the last two songs just getting louder and more aggressive with each song up until the last 3 songs and then let it drop off. I still dig it though.

Track 4 is my least favorite so far, but only because I was treated to those first two songs right off the bat. If this had been the opening Track I'd have likely loved it as a continuation of the last album.

Track 5. Aw yeah, a little synth again, a little reverb on her vocals and a little sultriness in there. I don't hate this direction from her. Don't get me wrong, I think the last album was amazing. She was so open and earnest, and I loved it. I think she could be huge if she hones this sound though.

Track 6 I'm digging that prominent bass on here. I think it compliments her voice and adds some funk. Not my favorite track so far, but I don't hate it.

Track 7. ::Sigh::Too abrupt of a change from the last track. Not a bad track, but poor track placement in my opinion. It's one thing to change things up and give an album room to breathe, but this was too abrupt as I said before. Might also be my least favorite track so far as well. I wouldn't be mad if this track hadn't made the cut.

Track 8. This should have been track 7. It's a more her usual style than track 6 was, but it has a closer sound and tempo to 6 the individual songs on this album have mostly been pretty great so far...the flow just seems so off for a full album though.

Track 9. Love it. Really descriptive lyrics and feels weirdly personally nostalgic to me. Digging the synths in this one too. Not something I'd really expect to enjoy after loving the last album and her style. Maybe I'm just misremembering how stripped down the last album sounded.

Track 10. Nice laid back track that doesn't feel out of place finally. This just reinforces how out of place a lot of the track sequencing on this album feels though. Absolutely bonkers. A nice relaxing closer.

Overall I like this album. I like a bunch of the songs a LOT but the track sequence is baffling to me sometimes which really hurts the album as a whole.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

1 hour ago, porkdad said:

seeing so many people and publications calling this AOTY and i personally don't think it's anywhere near AOTY worthy. it's easily a satisfying follow up to Lush without being Lush 2.0. 

Seriously. How can this be on anyone's list for AOTY? It's not bad at all, but you'd have to have very limited genre knowledge to consider this anywhere near AOTY.

Y'know. I looked back at the albums I bought that were actually reased this year...and it still isn't my #1, but it probably lands in the top 10 which I didn't expect.

Looks like most of my "new" 2021 purchases were either reissues, or stuff I haven't gotten yet. I typically don't listen to an album until I get it on vinyl, so that helps this one out a bit in my ratings.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

11 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Seriously. How can this be on anyone's list for AOTY? It's not bad at all, but you'd have to have very limited genre knowledge to consider this anywhere near AOTY.

Her record label is more than likely literally paying for all of those AOTY claims. 

This record is good, but not to necessarily compare it to anyone else's work, but this album seems to be something that a lot of music journalists are desperate to try to turn into this year's "PUNISHER". And this album is nowhere near close to that caliber of songwriting. 

15 minutes ago, richardp said:

Her record label is more than likely literally paying for all of those AOTY claims. 

This record is good, but not to necessarily compare it to anyone else's work, but this album seems to be something that a lot of music journalists are desperate to try to turn into this year's "PUNISHER". And this album is nowhere near close to that caliber of songwriting. 

I love Phoebe but Lindsey Jordan’s song writing is on par with Phoebes.  Again, to each their own and while I don’t consider this to be AOTY right now, I also didn’t consider Punisher to be AOTY last year