PO: Manchester Orchestra - Christmas Songs Vol. 1

18 minutes ago, shamrocks said:

a little surprised that I didnt see this on the patreon, did anyone see it mentioned anywhere?

nowhere else yet. I think rough trade went to early with their listing. Usually MO is quite good with their announcements first hitting patreon. I did tweet at them so, feel free to retweet 

51 minutes ago, Justinadamk said:

Bullmoose put it up - https://www.bullmoose.com/p/35232178/manchester-orchestra-christmas-songs-vol-1-holiday-red-vinyl-indie-exclusive-lp

and the Loma Vista store has the digital version up for preorder, so I assume vinyl is right around the corner 

I was about to post how frustrated I was that this wasn't announced to Patreon supporters first, but glad to see it's getting a wide release. Besides being a huge Manchester fan, I also collect Christmas records, so this is the perfect combo for me!

• 2 months later...

My red copy just arrived and it is a really nice package. Red foil stamping on the front and back of a heavy-weight cardboard sleeve. And the record itself is single-sided with an etching on side B (that "floating" person they've used in all their promotional materials).

I am trying to wait another week before I begin spinning Christmas music, but I may have to go ahead and put this one on, which will of course open the floodgates to my holiday collection.

1 hour ago, Alan P said:

My red copy just arrived and it is a really nice package. Red foil stamping on the front and back of a heavy-weight cardboard sleeve. And the record itself is single-sided with an etching on side B (that "floating" person they've used in all their promotional materials).

I am trying to wait another week before I begin spinning Christmas music, but I may have to go ahead and put this one on, which will of course open the floodgates to my holiday collection.

spun mine today - it sounds awesome!!!

22 hours ago, Justinadamk said:

cancel and order from any of the other indie stores that are selling online. i saw a few posts from different stores that got it for sale today

Just one day later amazon is shipping it to me so no need. Plus I've already downloaded the Autorip so I'm committed to my Amazon order