PO NOW : Gates "Here and Now"

li0nel

Y’all saying you couldn’t get into Parallel Lives have me scratching my head. It’s fantastic.

This song feels like a great blend of Bloom and Breathe and PL. Instrumentals like B&B and lyrical/voice direction of PL. Song is pretty much perfect and only getting better each time I listen to it.

Also, Gates has this really great way of making me feel like their music is a physical representation of my thoughts and feelings. It’s always an emotional experience for me. Hard to describe but maybe some others feel the same.

7 hours ago, RadDonut said:

Y’all saying you couldn’t get into Parallel Lives have me scratching my head. It’s fantastic.

This song feels like a great blend of Bloom and Breathe and PL. Instrumentals like B&B and lyrical/voice direction of PL. Song is pretty much perfect and only getting better each time I listen to it.

Also, Gates has this really great way of making me feel like their music is a physical representation of my thoughts and feelings. It’s always an emotional experience for me. Hard to describe but maybe some others feel the same.

Goddamn I’m so glad they are back.

I may be biased because this is my favorite band but they are some of the most talented musicians and wonderful people you could ever come across.

I agree 100% with everything RadDonut said. You’ll find something different with every Gates song or album. 

I’d be lying to myself if I didn’t say I am really happy for a return to the heavier sound even if it’s just this song. With that though, Parallel Lives is a masterpiece and showcased so many new layers that the band wanted to experiment with. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 10:41 AM, RadDonut said:

yeah I get you.  They're special.  Kind of like Maybeshewill.  Never knew how much I missed them until this came out. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...