Nirvana - Nevermind 30th anniversary 8LP +7” box set (4 full shows over 7LPs)

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

I grabbed one cause I’m really curious. I was gonna stream it, but I wanna compare it to the Pallas pressing. 

Same.  It has mixed reviews on Discogs.  Even if it doesn’t stack up, having another copy isn’t the worst thing in the world.  

Edited by highfives

10 minutes ago, morfiend said:

I gave in and ordered a copy since I wanted the 7”. Disappointed that the the only local shop I could find that had it was “in store only”, which is dumb since it’s not some limited RSD release or something. 

That’s very random. I checked my local shop and they didn’t have any. 

18 minutes ago, morfiend said:

So, he hasn't listened to it yet but says it's probably not as good as the Grundman pressings. Good unboxing though.

Might be this one or his new release vid that he usually does once a week, I forget which, but he says he heard from a solid source that this pressing is digitally sourced, leaving the Grundman one as one of the better pressings. He also did a comparison video earlier this year of several pressings, this not included of course, and said the very first non-CRC pressing is the best, followed by most any of the Bernie Grundman pressings. 

Edited by danyc
nkdfdkf

1 hour ago, morfiend said:

I gave in and ordered a copy since I wanted the 7”. Disappointed that the the only local shop I could find that had it was “in store only”, which is dumb since it’s not some limited RSD release or something. 

Same, couldn't bring myself to preorder "another" copy of it. But became really interested in that 7".  Also that tip-on jacket that Mike unboxed looks super sweet 👌 

Fuckin Mike... always so convincing,  lol

I preordered the box too. I really love this album, so all the live stuff will definitely get listened to. I wish it came with the Blu-ray Disc though. Weird that it’s only in the CD set option. Will definitely be A:B’ing the single LP version to the Bernie version next weekend. I doubt it’ll be better, but still curious to hear the differences.