Nirvana - Nevermind 30th anniversary 8LP +7” box set (4 full shows over 7LPs)

40 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Definitely a weird decision not to throw the bluray in

I can only assume the CD/Blu-ray set is made and assembled in an entirely different factory.  Trying to coordinate manufacturing, shipping, and packaging across factories and possibly parts of the world would jack the price up even more and be a giant pain in the ass. 

I am kind of surprised they aren’t offering the Blu-ray as a standalone.  

3 hours ago, phillybhatesme said:

Just pulled the trigger on the LP + 7" from Amazon. Good deal for a classic record. 

Got mine in today. The packaging is really nice, as mentioned in the video above. 
https://ibb.co/34DG3c6
https://ibb.co/cQr6wLh
https://ibb.co/CzF98GX

Edited by Sad Heart

spacer.png

Haven't heard it yet. But I did listen to the 7". Sounds fine as far as 7 inchers go. I don't think I'll be doing an ABCD comparison soon. But I'd be damned if I didn't tho, lol! 

The one on top is the 20th anniversary deluxe 4LP double gatefold which is the Chris Bellman cut (which is quite good).

Feel a little douchy showing all these, buttfuck it...

10 hours ago, faaip de oiad said:

spacer.png

Haven't heard it yet. But I did listen to the 7". Sounds fine as far as 7 inchers go. I don't think I'll be doing an ABCD comparison soon. But I'd be damned if I didn't tho, lol! 

The one on top is the 20th anniversary deluxe 4LP double gatefold which is the Chris Bellman cut (which is quite good).

Feel a little douchy showing all these, buttfuck it...

You’re the first person I’ve hear say the 20th is good. That thing is brick-walled to hell. Just spin the BG cut (Pallas or Target, same plates). 

6 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

You’re the first person I’ve hear say the 20th is good. That thing is brick-walled to hell. Just spin the BG cut (Pallas or Target, same plates). 

True it's not the best. I mentioned that coz so many people didn't like it. It's not really that bad. Alittle noisy. But it is brickwalled. That's why I'm hard pressed to actually do an AB with the 20th. I'd like to get my hands on an MF. From what I hear, it's the most balanced. I play my PALLAS the most as I feel it's my hardest hitting on my system. 

5 hours ago, faaip de oiad said:

True it's not the best. I mentioned that coz so many people didn't like it. It's not really that bad. Alittle noisy. But it is brickwalled. That's why I'm hard pressed to actually do an AB with the 20th. I'd like to get my hands on an MF. From what I hear, it's the most balanced. I play my PALLAS the most as I feel it's my hardest hitting on my system. 

MoFi is good but honestly BG is better, especially for the money. MoFi didn’t really didn’t do Nevermind the justice it usually does for all their other pressings. It’s just hype for the label at that price. You’re honestly not missing much. I can send you a MFSL 24k CD rip if you want. It’s really good. If you’re gonna spend money you should get the OG, but it’s only a bit better than the BG. So worth it if you’re a die hard collector with the money. 

So did anyone see Mike's rant today about the Nirvana curfuffle? It's really sad if indeed things are headed in that way. They're only screwing the small record stores. I think we're actually seeing this happen already, what with the latest rsd push backs... Who knows really wtf these Corpse are thinking. Personally i think they're trying to make up for all the supply and demand issues and just dumping everything at the big boxes and letting them deal with the shipping complexities. 

• 1 year later...