PO NOW: Converge ‘Bloodmoon’ | Out 11/19/21 | Vinyl 06/24/22 | Epitaph / Deathwish Inc.

fizio59

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, jhulud said:

This is not a bad deal. 

The Revolver exclusive color /500

Converge winter magazine issue w/ slipcase hand-numbered out of 200

One-year sub to the magazine

REVOLVER x CONVERGE WINTER 2021 ISSUE HAND-NUMBERED SLIPCASE W/ 'BLOOD (revolvermag.com)

This is a little strange though because I just bought the Turnstile bundle for this...so what happens if I want this too? Or a third release? I get multiple copies of magazines?

1 hour ago, brandy said:

Forgive me for asking but what do you guys not like about it??! It's absolutely majestic IMO.

I gave it a listen the other day and thought I'd wait a few days to be in a different headspace before trying again, but that initial impression found it impressively nondescript and boring for two artists I traditionally find exciting

I heard it a few days ago and thought it was okay. Not amazing but just okay. Listening again now, I’m really digging it. It’s like the soundtrack to a really dark fucked up Disney movie like Fantasia. That ending to Viscera of Men?! God damn so good! But I’m also high af right now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Easily one of my favorite albums of the year.  So many earworms here to focus on during future listens.  Obviously this isn't the typically cathartic Converge record, but there's still a healthy dose of aggression to be found.  This is an experiment on a grand scale - feels cinematic in scope.