PO NOW: Converge ‘Bloodmoon’ | Out 11/19/21 | Vinyl 06/24/22 | Epitaph / Deathwish Inc.

fizio59

Sooooooo...silly me...realized after checking my emails and DW account...that I was not able to order any of the DW variants (1st press) nor the Converge exclusive. So. If anyone has regrets or additional copies willing to sell or trade...hit me up. Looks like I only ordered the Revolver exclusive. 

57 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Sooooooo...silly me...realized after checking my emails and DW account...that I was not able to order any of the DW variants (1st press) nor the Converge exclusive. So. If anyone has regrets or additional copies willing to sell or trade...hit me up. Looks like I only ordered the Revolver exclusive. 

I wasn't so hot on the album when it came out and haven't really listened to it since...if it doesn't grow on me with another revisit or two you can have my DW red/blue

12 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

I wasn't so hot on the album when it came out and haven't really listened to it since...

Curious to hear what your biggest hangups may be with the record, or maybe how it deviated from what you expected.

I think it definitely could’ve benefited from having its own project name.  (Worse yet, on that front, is that Spotify tries to straight up scrobble the album as Converge.)  It’s an enjoyable listen but I haven’t found myself looping it for weeks or months on end like a proper Converge LP when it drops.

It’s just going to be a more situational listen for me, I suppose.  I’m in a specific mood when I want to throw on Converge, and Bannon’s vocals scratch the proper itch in my monkey brain when I need that fix.  To have that diluted – maybe not an accurate descriptor; possibly blended – inside of a more theatric, moody atmosphere… it’s cool.  It’s fresh.  It’s fun.  But I don’t entirely know where it fits into my musical appetite and I suspect that’s why I’m not obsessed with it.

I don't like commenting negative things, but it's not really Converge to me. I definitely agree with the above that it would have benefited by having a different name. It doesn't feel like the same band. Songs are soft and wishy-washy, many are too repetitive (Failure Forever a big example to me, I can't stand the cloying melody on it). I dunno. I don't like it, as someone who has been listening to Converge for a long time, and who considered them my favorite band for over a decade now. I always thought Chelsea Wolfe made (subjectively) uninteresting music and that sort of writing style leaked into this album big-time. Some people like that, I don't. WYW and Blood From The Soul already wore me thin with feeling either way too long-winded and soft to me (former) or phoned in (latter)... at least the Umbra Vitae LP was good.

I did pre-order it the moment it was announced but ended up cancelling the pre-order (which I don't enjoy doing) because I couldn't see myself doing anything else except selling it when I got it. A big shame, to me, and certainly not expecting anytime soon to get new harsh Converge material. Oh well!

I won't go on more because I hate being negative about independent non-radio-fodder music. I can tell the project has passion, but it just does not sit well with me. Should've not been billed as Converge.

I always assumed this project was more known just as Blood Moon and not Converge ft. Chelsea Wolfe. I haven’t really thought of this album as a Converge album but that is probably just me. I would be far more into it if Chelsea Wolfe wasn’t involved. Do not like her at all these days.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

Expectations vs reality lol (tbh I was expecting this once I remembered what variant I ordered)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Same for me.. WTF??

Actually now that I think about it.. did we just get this one and they mixed up the orders?

300 - Red / Black Mix (Deathwish Exclusive)

Can someone post their DW Exclusive?

Edited by roadmonkey

58 minutes ago, roadmonkey said:

Same for me.. WTF??

Actually now that I think about it.. did we just get this one and they mixed up the orders?

300 - Red / Black Mix (Deathwish Exclusive)

Can someone post their DW Exclusive?

nah we definitely got the right one - there is purple around the center label - it's just what happens when you smash 3 colors together and one of them is black haha

here's the black/red mix https://www.discogs.com/release/23649290-Converge-BloodmoonI

Edited by drewberinger

2 hours ago, drewberinger said:

nah we definitely got the right one - there is purple around the center label - it's just what happens when you smash 3 colors together and one of them is black haha

Ha. That's the one I ordered. I haven't listened to this album front to back more than twice since it came out cause I was waiting for the vinyl. Was hoping the variant was going to be dope at least if I didn't enjoy it. Lot riding on this music ha.

27 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I actually think it turned out better than the mock-up but I also have a bias against splatters these days.  I dig how subtle that purple creeps in around the label.

I have no beef with it either - lord knows I have hundreds of splatter variants - it’s just funny to me 

• 4 weeks later...