COMING SOON: Gospel - “The Loser”

4 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

Moon sold out within a few minutes. They put up 50 extra bone copies about an hour ago and I assume those sold out fast too. 

They just put up extras of Loser at 3pm PST.

ahh thanks..well I feel relieved now. Sadly, no copies of Moon are left.. but I managed to get a copy of the new record at least,

Edited by AllMediaReviews

On 4/13/2022 at 6:13 PM, Derek™ said:

I'm not convinced that the people who make it a point to amass Wax Mage variants even listen to them or know the bands they're buying them for.

I wish The Moon Is A Dead World would get the Wax Mage treatment eventually, it so deserves it! I’m not complaining as many screamo releases got the WM/fancy treatment nowadays but it would be cool to see such a classic in the list.

yo I'm not trying to be any kind of way here and I rarely post but wanted to share. I have recently heard the Loser LP in full... all I can say is everyone is in for a treat that is well worth 17 years of waiting.

The record is Gospel at their most aggressive, discordant and captivating. The label talk of it being a 'masterpiece' is 100% on point. All 8 songs are barnburners and rest assured: they are all Gospel through and through.

I love this band and am so thrilled that they are still doing their own thing with reckless abandon or care for our expectations. I am truly blown away and excited for you to hear it too. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

US:

https://dogknightsproductions.com/products/usa-can-only-dk164-gospel-magick-vole-hume-12-lp

EU:
https://dogknightsproductions.com/products/dk164-gospel-the-magic-volume-12-lp-pre-order

The Magic Volume Of Dark Matter Is up for order. 180g White (/200) is sold out in the US store, but the black/white mix (/500) is still available. Both colors are available in the EU store. 

Digital on bandcamp:

https://gospel.bandcamp.com/album/mvdm-the-magical-volumes-vol-1-the-magick-volume-of-dark-madder-or-magic-volume-of-dark-matter-or-just-magic-volume

Originally written sometime between 2005-2006, MVDM was an ambitious endeavor, originally intended to be one long sprawling track of an album. Creatively, it drained us, and we stalled out somewhere around the 19 minute mark. Despite being “unfinished business”, it became a regular feature of our live performances, and over time the composition took on a life and identity all its own. Close to 20 years later, we are grateful to finally document our weird behemoth thanks to the mastery of Kurt Ballou and Magnus Lindberg, and the amazing support of Dog Knights Productions.”

Edited by achillesstand7

23 minutes ago, prowl20 said:

I'm bummed I missed the white variant only because I think the reversed-color jacket looks kinda lame. 

With the “Gospel” text horizontally flipped and the label’s logo in the bottom corner, I’m pretty sure the inverted art you’re seeing is just the back of the jacket.  Matches up with any other mock-up on their website, too.

Two new gospel records in a year! Amazing. Yeah I think from what I’ve been seeing from dogknights on instagram - I think this is a two-sided record. As in, there is definitely Dark Volume on side a but they said there’s also songs or song on side b. 

The word emordinlap keeps coming up in interviews and I think maybe the second side of this has like an alternate version of the tune or maybe another song entirely? I think emordinlap means something like… reading the word backwards makes a different word. It may have something to do with that looking at the cover and reversed cover on the back. Plus, they said they recorded 11 tunes with Ballou so who knows.

Very cool but doesn’t matter, what matters is gospel came back after 17 years and released two records!