BOTCH sign to Sargent House: all catalog in streaming now, vinyl & more coming in 2022 / NOW: New Song and 'We Are The Romans' 2xLP Reissue

9 minutes ago, IntoXAnother said:

I'm unfamilar with Sargent House.  Their vinyl releases any good?   Found a copy of Botch's live album in the used bin visiting my GF over the summer.  Would definitely rebuy that one and all other material that botch is gonna put back out.  So pumped at this news.  

They're the label that Deafheaven, Chelsea Wolfe, Emma Ruth Rundle, Marriages, etc. are on. They have a varied and solid roster. Their vinyl output has been solid as well. 

I remember seeing SH were going to announce some mega signing they had recently scored and I didn't think of it until right now (now that I realize this is Brian Cook content) but I'm actually kind of sad that this didn't end up being These Arms Are Snakes with an accompanying back catalog reissue. I'm really itching to see what they might be hinting at for some form of comeback.

Still, this is cool for Botch fans. I never got deep into them but I appreciate the material I have heard.

Not gonna lie...while a lot of us jaded assholes would love to see a BOTCH reunion happen...I really hope they hold hard their "no reunions...ever" line and not sell out as the likes of Refused and At The Drive-In did even after they stated they wouldn't ever reunite. 

3 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Not gonna lie...while a lot of us jaded assholes would love to see a BOTCH reunion happen...I really hope they hold hard their "no reunions...ever" line and not sell out as the likes of Refused and At The Drive-In did even after they stated they wouldn't ever reunite. 

I'm often of the "never say never" crowd, but yea I don't see this happening.   Would love to be wrong though.  

2 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

I love botch and it's pretty fucking cool. But why isn't this in the everything else area exactly? 

(im still a boomer and mad that i got booed for posting the new thrice pre-order as "po soon" few hours before the announcement and it got moved.. ) 

Because this is about Botch, not Thrice. :)

5 hours ago, mattycakes said:

Brian posted no shows...but does it mean new music?

I would guess it’s no more than what was announced as far as getting back onto digital platforms and getting the records reissued.  It seems Hydra Head has completely folded and not managing the back end of these things for their former signings.  Cave In signed to Relapse a while back with a similar announcement of digital roll out and vinyl to follow.

4 minutes ago, bloodycape said:

I would guess it’s no more than what was announced as far as getting back onto digital platforms and getting the records reissued. 

"...and looking forward to exciting things in 2022" definitely gets my hopes up, but it'll probably just be everything going back into print on vinyl. 

Estimated Shipping Date: 06/14/2025

4 hours ago, se7enstitches said:

A new and heavy album from Botch would be very cool

It's never going to happen.  This is just re-issuing their records to keep them in print.

Brian Cook has said as much they are never playing live again or making new music.  Members have either retired from music altogether (the drummer), or are too busy in their day-to-day lives (their singer) to commit to any new stuff.

5 hours ago, hexrecords said:

It's never going to happen.  This is just re-issuing their records to keep them in print.

Brian Cook has said as much they are never playing live again or making new music.  Members have either retired from music altogether (the drummer), or are too busy in their day-to-day lives (their singer) to commit to any new stuff.

Ah got you - well thats still great! 

• jhulud changed the title to BOTCH sign to Sargent House: all catalog in streaming now, vinyl & more coming in 2022 / NOW: New Song and 'We Are The Romans' 2xLP Reissue