BOTCH sign to Sargent House: all catalog in streaming now, vinyl & more coming in 2022 / NOW: New Song and 'We Are The Romans' 2xLP Reissue

1 hour ago, Bronchitis said:

Does anyone know when Sargent House preorders usually go up?

Not that it helps much - and is definitely not what you want to hear - but I pounced on my last SH pre-order at 5:51 AM.  Probably stirring from sleep, checking my phone, and seeing that it [new Russian Circles] was available.  Snagged a copy and went back to bed.  No idea if that that means 3 AM, 4 AM, 5 AM, etc.  Just that it was up at an ungodly hour of the morning, our timezone.

https://www.hellomerch.com/collections/botch – this is the place to watch, for anyone curious.  Confirmed by the bandcamp email that just went out for One Twenty Two;

First new Botch song in 20 years. Included on the new re-issue of "We Are the Romans" available11/4 via Sargent House.

2xLP / CD pre-order available here -https://www.hellomerch.com/collections/botch

I really like the new song. Has there been any confirmation that it's a new song or a leftover b-side? Cuz the song sounds more this side of Knudson's Minus the Bear guitar sound than the Botch sound. 

Either way, I like it. Nabbed the two colors. Will probably also PO from Amazon. 

“First new song in 20 years” suggests to me that this is what they were up to when they posted that practice space photo a while back. In terms of songwriting and production it also doesn’t sound like a b side. That pace and energy in under three minutes - feels like they had a sudden bout of inspiration. That’s probably it with new music for now, but hopefully the response to the reissue will induce them to write more new material.

3 minutes ago, jhulud said:

And nevermind my previous question of the song being new new or a b-side...it's a brand-spanking newly recorded song as indicated by the video that they also just dropped...

Just saw this and was about to post haha

Glad the confusion is over it's been driving me nuts all day! 

“During Covid, I was writing my debut solo LP, and mentally, I was sick of everything in quarantine. Lots of frustration had set in at home, and I figured the best way to deal with it was to write something heavy. I had no intention of writing anything for Botch, but when I was thinking of a singer to collaborate with, I thought, “Hey, I know the best hardcore singer ever to do it,” so I hit up Dave V. He was super excited and so it just kind of snowballed from there. There was never any intent or conversation about getting back together or writing. It just happened so naturally and was a great release for all of us to make it happen without any of the traditional pressure an “active” band faces.”

• jhulud changed the title to BOTCH sign to Sargent House: all catalog in streaming now, vinyl & more coming in 2022 / NOW: New Song and 'We Are The Romans' 2xLP Reissue