BOTCH sign to Sargent House: all catalog in streaming now, vinyl & more coming in 2022 / NOW: New Song and 'We Are The Romans' 2xLP Reissue

The bot argument is not at all moot for the hordes of balding mathcore enthusiasts that were accusing bots of sabotaging their ability to score tickets this morning.  Which is a different source of frustration than buying tickets in bulk and using them to scalp.  I don’t know what the ticket limit may have been but it’s (always) good practice to keep it reasonably fair for all, yeah.

58 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Oh yeah, I have no doubt they went fast.  I knew they would – hell, I’m sure the band and label knew they would – but I was more-so getting at the excessive amount of comments I’ve read online this morning.  Ranging from woe-is-me (“Guess I’m not fulfilling my dream concert thanks to exclusive show nights and scalpers. 😞”) to temper tantrums (“FUCK YOU BOTS 🖕 Can’t believe tickets sold out in 0.5 seconds and bots got them all.  Rot in hell.”)  Just your usual combo of sulking / pouting from people either too slow to the draw or oblivious that there’ll be more dates.  And moreover, people who should be old enough to know that this kind of shit happens.  Not like I was reading comments on a Billie Eilish show selling out in minutes, you know?

It’s okay to be discouraged over missing limited drops - tickets or whatever - but at least have a clue where you’re placing your angst or disapproval before posting publicly, I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I am in no way defending scalpers here, or trying to say that bots / scalpers don’t suck.  Just speaking to the overwhelming tone of commentary that I’ve seen on today’s tickets.

21 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Should I feel triggered here? 

I’ve been bitching & moaning, yes. I’m in my 40’s, yes. But I’m not being that tone-deaf. The bots argument is moot. BUT…large part of the blame is to placed on scalpers as it’s evident in all the listings posted now. In my opinion, the ticket max should’ve been 2 and not 4. This would’ve at least given folks a better-ish shot. 

But hey. What the fuck do I know? I’m just a 40ish-year old man-baby whining about things so it seems. 😜 

Ask a 40's-ish old man, I get both sides. Shit happens but also I complain a lot about this hobby currently. God forbid you miss a preorder, then you're screwed paying double or more to some jaq-off. 

Just to reiterate to everyone in this thread – I agree that bots suck.  Scalpers suck.  And missing out on limited drops suck.  You guys are all aware that I’m not a supporter of any of those things, yeah? 😅

My whole spiel was just on informing yourself what you’re waving your pitchfork at before you grab it and start ranting.  (If you really have to.)

Edited by Derek™

3 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

not going to happen for the first shows back in 20+ years.  

2 hours ago, 75 percent oof said:

I feel like they are considering the current 1000 capacity venue as “smaller“ judging by the context.

Yeah, the Showbox Market isn't the biggest option in town, but definitely isn't the smallest place they could have gone with either. Off the top of my head, the only larger venues would be the Paramount, Moore, and Showbox Sodo, before we start venturing into arena style (WAMU and larger). 

Plus I do think it's cool that they are playing their first shows back in the same place they did their last show. My best context of Botch live is that DVD of the last show - it'll be unreal seeing them play there in person. I don't even know how many times I've watched that set over the years.

Edited by mitchard

Try the axs app to get tickets. If scalpers bought them they should show up for resale. In addition venues often have artist holds and if they aren’t filled get release the week of. 

I got face value tickets for two shows that were sold out months in advance by going on the app the week of. 

On 10/20/2022 at 11:05 PM, morfiend said:

What would you suggest then? I’ve seen quite a few heavy shows at those venues. Would be nice if they were able to play somewhere over 1000 capacity and make some money. I think they’ve earned it and with how fast the tickets sold the demand suggests it. 

Tickets were $50 before the fees.  That's $50k/night just through tickets.  I'm sure they're getting most of that, as well as whatever merch goes on.  I'd say that's a pretty good payday off of two nights for four guys from the same town who just hangout in their basement jamming heavy songs.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

It looks like the cloudy blue version is actually cloudy blue/green according to the Discogs listing. Super ugly.

The few photos I’ve seen for a couple of the variants so far have felt very underwhelming and weird.  This is why I never try to cash in and sell an OG press before I have and hear a reissue, in hand.