Norma Jean - Bless the Martyr & Kiss the Child

Update from MerchNow:

"Thank you for pre-ordering Norma Jean -Bless the Martyr and Kiss the Child- on vinyl. We have just received an update that the vinyl has been delayed in production. They are not set to arrive at our facility until late May. Orders will ship as soon as possible after the vinyl arrives at our facility. "

Edited by angryalan

On 3/16/2022 at 5:11 PM, fartsandwich said:

All three solid state reissues(martyr, Hollywood, wars) got delayed. I’m a year out on a handful of preorders at this point

Yep. I have a spreadsheet now to keep track and really enjoying nerding out on the data. I may try to go back through all my years of pre-orders to see how long the average pre-order time was by the year.

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, DafTyler said:

Does anyone know whats going on with this release? My order status changed from May 27th to "delayed". 

The same thing that's going on with every vinyl release: Production delays.

If it helps, this PO dropped shortly after the PO for He Is Legend's I Am Hollywood, which just arrived today for me. I would expect this one to ship within a month.

Just got another e-mail from Merchnow:

Thank you for pre-ordering a Norma Jean and/or The Chariot record on vinyl. We have just received an update from the vinyl manufacturer that the vinyl has (again) been delayed in production. They are now set to arrive at our facility by the end of August. Orders will ship (in full) as soon as possible after the vinyl arrives at our facility, and cannot be sent in separate shipments at this time.

Looks like these won't be shipping out til early September.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 5:03 PM, OrangeJoe said:

Just got mine as well. Haven't been this excited for a record in a while.

This album was recorded analog to the floor correct? Wish we could get a true analog cut, that would be amazing. 

I recall the album notes stating that "no computers were used in the recording of the album," or something like that, which, maybe because i'd been working in a studio almost exclusively with tape at the time, i always felt was a stupid and needlessly pretentious piece of info to provide...

2 hours ago, no.one said:

I recall the album notes stating that "no computers were used in the recording of the album," or something like that, which, maybe because i'd been working in a studio almost exclusively with tape at the time, i always felt was a stupid and needlessly pretentious piece of info to provide...

Yea its all perspective. That's not a common practice anymore. Of all my records, maybe 2 are actually a full analog  experience, which is unfortunate.