PO: Circa Survive - A Dream About Love (out 10/22)

Just now, richardp said:

The EP as a whole kind of reminds me of the Water disc from Thrice' Alchemy Index. I like it a lot, although I do wish it were a little more guitar driven. 

Also  I think Rise may have no meant to send the full EP out with the pre-orders. I just got a secondary email saying the download has been updated, and then when you download the updated link, it's a word document saying "you'll get the digital order the day of release". 

OOOOOOOPS. 

Echoing this 100%. Def gave me some Water - EP vibes. It almost is reminiscent of the softer side of Violent Waves IMO with a twist of how their sound has evolved. Really enjoying this a lot. 

13 minutes ago, richardp said:

The EP as a whole kind of reminds me of the Water disc from Thrice' Alchemy Index. I like it a lot, although I do wish it were a little more guitar driven. 

Also  I think Rise may have no meant to send the full EP out with the pre-orders. I just got a secondary email saying the download has been updated, and then when you download the updated link, it's a word document saying "you'll get the digital order the day of release". 

OOOOOOOPS. 

Haha glad I downloaded it when they sent the first link then

Circa Survive in a TOTALLY new direction(s). Not a bad thing, just different. Definitely the B-side of Circa...would even call this another project or solo project from Anthony if I hadn't known. I doubt this will be their sound going forward. I can't even see them playing these live.

But again, not a bad thing.

There's some jams here. Beginning of "Our Last Shot" blew me away and "Even Better" is SUCH GOOD VIBES man.

Obviously isolation from each other would result in this - a good time to explore and be creative.

Edited by Daiei

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, cautionthieves said:

Completely agree with this.
Wonder if there's a second EP coming?

There's something coming March 4th - unclear if its only this CD with 6 more tracks + existing EP, or if there will be a new EP and then a combo CD?  https://www.sounds-venlo.nl/circa-survive/two-dreams-digi-_13065368.html 

42 minutes ago, Justinadamk said:

There's something coming March 4th - unclear if its only this CD with 6 more tracks + existing EP, or if there will be a new EP and then a combo CD?  https://www.sounds-venlo.nl/circa-survive/two-dreams-digi-_13065368.html 

Here's the track list from that site, so looks like a 2nd EP with Electric Moose as the 1st track:

1. Imposter Syndrome

2. Drift

3. Our Last Shot

4. Even Better

5. Gone For Good

6. Sleep Well

7. Electric Moose

8. Curritiba

9. Late Nap

10. Discount On Psychic Readings

11. Die On The West Coast

12. Buzzhenge