PO - Mogwai - 3 x EP Colour Reissues

CeCeCe

10 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

I know they confirmed YT would be repressed, but I haven't heard any musings of the box set getting another press. That is what I really hope for.

Yeah, no inklings teased on what a repress may even look like at this point, which is sort of enticing to me.  The possibilities, I mean.  I do own the box but I'd still be down for a reissue in an actual gatefold featuring OG art.  Even more, I'd love to see a widely accessible, fairly priced 2LP reissue for those who just want to pick the album up... and then an over-the-top boxset with liner notes, the appendix material, and any other demos or unreleased tracks centered around the Young Team era.  Some packaging on par with the CODY box would be killer.

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah, no inklings teased on what a repress may even look like at this point, which is sort of enticing to me.  The possibilities, I mean.  I do own the box but I'd still be down for a reissue in an actual gatefold featuring OG art.  Even more, I'd love to see a widely accessible, fairly priced 2LP reissue for those who just want to pick the album up... and then an over-the-top boxset with liner notes, the appendix material, and any other demos or unreleased tracks centered around the Young Team era.  Some packaging on par with the CODY box would be killer.

That’s what I’m waiting on. I’m only missing the YT box set as far as their full lengths go. The completionist in me want the rave tapes and hardcore box sets too but I have the albums already. Fingers crossed my father my king gets pressed again soon because I think that’s the last single LP of theirs I don’t own

2 minutes ago, fartsandwich said:

That’s what I’m waiting on. I’m only missing the YT box set as far as their full lengths go. The completionist in me want the rave tapes and hardcore box sets too but I have the albums already. Fingers crossed my father my king gets pressed again soon because I think that’s the last single LP of theirs I don’t own

Same boat on all fronts, minus the YT box.  I sort of regret not getting the RT or HWND boxes at the time – the HWND box more-so – but not quite enough to actively track them down.  Would love to own MFMK, too, but I've heard too many lackluster things about the existing press.  Couple that with most copies being in VG+ status at best, and it becomes tough to pony up the $40+ everyone is asking for.

It's not as imminent as the YT reissue but the band has repeatedly mentioned that a lot of material was cut from Rock Action in 2001.  There's been tentative plans to release it alongside Rock Action in a deluxe box, but they allegedly want to make it extra special and give it the love it deserves... and for the time being, they just can't.  (Whether that's financially or from a time / energy standpoint, I'm not sure.)  So, maybe someday.  If it's as elaborate as they're suggesting it'd be, I have no doubt it'll include MFMK and that will totally work for me.

23 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

It's not as imminent as the YT reissue but the band has repeatedly mentioned that a lot of material was cut from Rock Action in 2001.  There's been tentative plans to release it alongside Rock Action in a deluxe box, but they allegedly want to make it extra special and give it the love it deserves... and for the time being, they just can't.  (Whether that's financially or from a time / energy standpoint, I'm not sure.)  So, maybe someday.  If it's as elaborate as they're suggesting it'd be, I have no doubt it'll include MFMK and that will totally work for me.

I would love to see that Rock Action box happen.

The Rave Tapes and HWND boxes are great, and they seem to use that same box style for all their deluxe editions (just varying depth). YT is the only box I am missing, aside from the Central Belters comp, which seemed unnecessary. I'd love to see them go all out for an updated Young Team deluxe box set.

1 minute ago, throwgncpr said:

I would love to see that Rock Action box happen.

The Rave Tapes and HWND boxes are great, and they seem to use that same box style for all their deluxe editions (just varying depth). YT is the only box I am missing, aside from the Central Belters comp, which seemed unnecessary. I'd love to see them go all out for an updated Young Team deluxe box set.

If it's worth anything to you, the YT box is a little physically underwhelming.  Since the vinyl is only housed in paper sleeves, it leaves a ton of space inside the box and ends up feeling more hollow than substantial or premium, like the CODY box from 2014.  The album deserves a way better treatment on the "deluxe" front.  I'd love to at least get a confirmation that that's what the band is working on.  It seems to me like a lot of thought and attention was put into reissuing these early EPs – how easy would it have been for them to just blow up the EP+6 art, slap it onto a gatefold, and squeeze everything onto 2 black LPs? – so I'm kind of hoping they do something comparably special for Young Team.

CODY is my favorite and I’m glad I have that 2014 box but rock action was the first Mogwai album I actually waited to be released so anything from era in a big box set would be amazing. I’m assuming they’ll eventually do a box set for happy songs and mr beast just to round it all out. Over all I’m glad I never caved and paid at least $30 each for these EPs 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Got mine from purepop. A little sad it's just a thick single jacket with the three records, but otherwise all sound good and colors pop strongly.

I ordered a back up copy from my local record store in case mine got canceled and they called me and told me they had it on Wednesday of last week. A friend of mine got his canceled so I’m giving it to him. I’m just waiting to give it to him in case something happens with my rough trade order

I missed out on the pre-order for this thinking it wouldn't sell out (oops!) but luckily found a copy at a local store last week. I gotta say: it sounds fucking fantastic! The three set LP is a bit annoying IMO (because of all the flipping) but I like that they kept all the artwork for each separate EP. Some of these tracks are Mogwai's best, it's so nice to finally have them in my collection. 

The magical chaos of Christmas Steps playing during the first big snowfall is what it's all about. 

• 8 months later...
9 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

This just reminded me about how Rough Trade canceled my order and I haven’t found a decently priced copy since…

😑

Not sure what your budget looks like but here’s a new copy for about $52 shipped to the US from the UK. (Which I think is about what it sold for initially)

LINK

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

I wish I had a super cheap link to share in this thread, but all I wanted to say is that I love the music on this set so damn much.  I think I paid $38 PPD or something for it, and sentimentally it’s worth so much more to me.

I keep forgetting I have this set and need to pull it out tonight. I think I got it for about $35-38 too. These EPs, CODY and Rock Action soundtracked my late teens and early 20s. I don’t get too nostalgic often but these make me feel good.