Black Country, New Road "Ants From Up There"

13 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Please feed me more iconic scenes that are begging to become AFUT memes.  I'm too dumb to think of them on the fly.  Bonus points if they incorporate a plastic baggie.

https://productplacementblog.com/movies/trojan-condoms-used-by-steve-carell-in-the-40-year-old-virgin-2005/

That second one specifically.

Edited by Bronchitis

On 2/8/2022 at 2:07 PM, Derek™ said:

Won’t be easy but I’m gonna’ see what I can do.

Totally get it. I don’t know how editing works and was busy at work not thinking.

I caved and picked up the 4xLP of this. This album is pretty good. Can anyone comment on the quality of the live stuff?

12 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

Totally get it. I don’t know how editing works and was busy at work not thinking.

I caved and picked up the 4xLP of this. This album is pretty good. Can anyone comment on the quality of the live stuff?

The live stuff is close to studio quality you will be pleased.

The live album is excellent.  Not only is the quality phenomenal like Shlebs said, but the setlist is a great blend of both albums and carries extra weight, now, since the band confirmed they won’t be playing any of those songs with their future vocalist(s).  On top of that, the audience attending was remarkably sparse because of quarantine / mandates, so you’re really getting an emphasis on the music and not the clapping, cheering, or shouting that usually accompanies a live recording.  The rawness of a live set with the spit and shine of a studio recording.  Ya’ done chose well.

1 hour ago, scottheisel said:

This record sounds like if black midi got really into Dave Matthews Band.

29 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

To me it sounds like  a bluegrass Arcade Fire covering Pulp.

Make it more obvious y'all listened to the first song or two 😏

12 hours ago, Why not Shelby said:

The live stuff is close to studio quality you will be pleased.

11 hours ago, Derek™ said:

The live album is excellent.  Not only is the quality phenomenal like Shlebs said, but the setlist is a great blend of both albums and carries extra weight, now, since the band confirmed they won’t be playing any of those songs with their future vocalist(s).  On top of that, the audience attending was remarkably sparse because of quarantine / mandates, so you’re really getting an emphasis on the music and not the clapping, cheering, or shouting that usually accompanies a live recording.  The rawness of a live set with the spit and shine of a studio recording.  Ya’ done chose well.

Cool cool. Thanks guys. Sounds right up my alley. 

• 1 year later...