STARFLYER 59 - Vanity LP (10/15)

spacer.png

Surprised there's no thread for this one. 

Velvet Blue Music is releasing Starflyer 59's 16th LP tomorrow. (Vinyl should be shipping by the 26th). Vinyl/CD purchases from bandcamp allow you to stream the album starting today (10/14). 

Produced and Mixed by TW Walsh. J. Martin (guitars, vocals) S. Dail (bass) C. Martin (drums) TW Walsh (synthesizers)

Several variants are already sold out.

All vinyl variants have "hand run, letter pressed, custom die cut, chip board jacket by Bruce Licher".

Black Vinyl  180g vinyl with custom printed letterpress, die cut jacket by Bruce Licher. Comes with insert and lyrics. $36.59 from Velvet Blue Music

Blue Vinyl Monolithic Mailorder Exclusive limited to 100 units $39.99 from Monolithic Mailorder SOLD OUT

Red Vinyl Bandcamp exclusive $38.59 from Bandcamp

Deluxe Vinyl – Gold 180g vinyl, poster, sticker, enamel pin, Tidal Wave Zine, and cd $59.59 from Velvet Blue Music SOLD OUT

Super Deluxe Vinyl – Gold 180g and black 180g vinyl, poster, sticker, enamel pin, Tidal Wave Zine, and cd  $88.59 from Velvet Blue Music SOLD OUT

Test Press $99.59 from Bandcamp SOLD OUT

"Like to Lose" 7" Deluxe Flexi $9.59 from Velvet Blue Music

"Life In Bed" 12" Black Vinyl Single $18.59 from Velvet Blue Music

• 3 weeks later...

This album is so good and I don't regret dropping money on the deluxe. The cult around collectible Starflyer records is nuts though. There were 3 singles from this album with limited physical releases, including an $18 cassette and a $36 colored 12", both of which sold out. And forget about getting any of the Tooth & Nail LPs for less than a few hundred bucks. I just want those classic albums to stay in print for crying out loud!

• 1 year later...

Great singles. Dull LP. Huge SF59 fan here, but I'm so over these ho-hum records Jason keeps putting out. A couple good songs with dreary filler padding them out. I wish he'd go back to collaborating with producers who'd help push his songs in more interesting directions. IAMACEO has grown on me, but everything since then has been ZZZzzzzzzzzzsleepy.

12 minutes ago, sunkenanchor said:

Great singles. Dull LP. Huge SF59 fan here, but I'm so over these ho-hum records Jason keeps putting out. A couple good songs with dreary filler padding them out. I wish he'd go back to collaborating with producers who'd help push his songs in more interesting directions. IAMACEO has grown on me, but everything since then has been ZZZzzzzzzzzzsleepy.

including IAMACEO, that's how i feel about his discography since Changing of the Guard. except Young in My Head, i guess. really connected with that one. i'd kill for another Old or Fashion Focus or (especially!) a return to shoegazier sounds. but i'm mostly glad he's making stuff still, no matter what.