PO: The Dear Hunter - The Indigo Child (Out 11/15)

Current known variants:

LIMITED EDITION PURPLE VARIANT (Limited to 1,000 units)

PILLAR EXCLUSIVE: TRANSLUCENT TEAL VINYL  (Limited to 500 units)

OPAQUE TEAL (Unknown Quantity - but seems to only be available in bundles, not separately)

Pillar Fanclub Preorders available now - (need membership) https://pillar.club/store/3e9eae6e-b94d-47d9-b497-b718d50feebf/

Standard preorders  - https://www.caveandcanarygoods.com/collections/the-dear-hunter

About the release:
"When I started working on the concept for The Indigo Child, I imagined introducing the project with a record of music "From the Motion Picture", knowing in my heart a motion picture, of any length, would never exist. I would just write pieces of a hypothetical score, and release them along lyrical "singles", or theme songs.

As the Indigo Child evolved, I became obsessed with the world, its inhabitants, and their story. Though The Dear Hunter was working through the project's first full length, and we were all in love with how the album was progressing, I felt it couldn't be the introduction I offered for The Indigo Child. I threw myself entirely into writing a screenplay, dreaming of a way to create "Cycle 8": a cinematic prologue to the main narrative of The Indigo Child. Stars impossibly aligned, and with the help of an absolutely phenomenal cast and crew of incredibly talented people, the dream came true.

Now, the tether between music and visuals didn't have to be hypothetical. The score could be the score, and the singles could be featured in the film itself. The result is The Dear Hunter's "The Indigo Child": the introduction the project deserves.

After all this time, it is an absolute joy to share The Indigo Child, and its accompanying short film "Cycle 8", with you. I hope you dive in, and find beauty in what could be, because there's much more on the way."

TRACKLISTING

1. The Indigo Child
2. The Indigo Child (Reprise Ft. Tivoli)
3. To Your Cycle
4. Prayer | Uncle Boot | Breach
5. A Guide to Retrievals
6. Your Reward Is Not Tax Exempt
7. Disruptor Sphere | Sprawl | Antimai
8. Credits

It will ship on or by November 15th! 
spacer.png  spacer.png spacer.png
Edited by Justinadamk
adding opaque teal

19 hours ago, Justinadamk said:

Current known variants:

LIMITED EDITION PURPLE VARIANT (Limited to 1,000 units)

PILLAR EXCLUSIVE: TRANSLUCENT TEAL VINYL  (Limited to 500 units)

OPAQUE TEAL (Unknown Quantity)

Pillar Fanclub Preorders available now - (need membership) https://pillar.club/store/3e9eae6e-b94d-47d9-b497-b718d50feebf/

Likely site for standard preorders (currently password protected) - https://www.thedearhunter.com/

About the release:
"When I started working on the concept for The Indigo Child, I imagined introducing the project with a record of music "From the Motion Picture", knowing in my heart a motion picture, of any length, would never exist. I would just write pieces of a hypothetical score, and release them along lyrical "singles", or theme songs.

As the Indigo Child evolved, I became obsessed with the world, its inhabitants, and their story. Though The Dear Hunter was working through the project's first full length, and we were all in love with how the album was progressing, I felt it couldn't be the introduction I offered for The Indigo Child. I threw myself entirely into writing a screenplay, dreaming of a way to create "Cycle 8": a cinematic prologue to the main narrative of The Indigo Child. Stars impossibly aligned, and with the help of an absolutely phenomenal cast and crew of incredibly talented people, the dream came true.

Now, the tether between music and visuals didn't have to be hypothetical. The score could be the score, and the singles could be featured in the film itself. The result is The Dear Hunter's "The Indigo Child": the introduction the project deserves.

After all this time, it is an absolute joy to share The Indigo Child, and its accompanying short film "Cycle 8", with you. I hope you dive in, and find beauty in what could be, because there's much more on the way."

TRACKLISTING

1. The Indigo Child
2. The Indigo Child (Reprise Ft. Tivoli)
3. To Your Cycle
4. Prayer | Uncle Boot | Breach
5. A Guide to Retrievals
6. Your Reward Is Not Tax Exempt
7. Disruptor Sphere | Sprawl | Antimai
8. Credits

It will ship on or by November 15th! 
spacer.png  spacer.png spacer.png

Do you think that second Teal is opaque?  Or is it just the same transparent one on a solid background?  I'm not a member of Pillar anymore, so I can't look at the details of those bundles (maybe it says it on there...)

12 minutes ago, highfives said:

Do you think that second Teal is opaque?  Or is it just the same transparent one on a solid background?  I'm not a member of Pillar anymore, so I can't look at the details of those bundles (maybe it says it on there...)

The product descriptions were updated after an hour or so to specifically call out Opaque Teal vs Translucent Teal. So I added Opaque to the list above. As of now, Opaque is only available via bundles, while translucent is only available on its own

• Justinadamk changed the title to PO: The Dear Hunter - The Indigo Child (Out 11/15)
10 minutes ago, Justinadamk said:

https://www.caveandcanarygoods.com/collections/the-dear-hunter preoreders there. updated the link above

thank you!  so it looks like the transparent teal is only for pillar, and opaque teal and purple are for everyone else?  I think I'm gonna signup for pillar and grab the transparent.

1 minute ago, drummerboy032 said:

thank you!  so it looks like the transparent teal is only for pillar, and opaque teal and purple are for everyone else?  I think I'm gonna signup for pillar and grab the transparent.

That's what I'm seeing currently as well. And opaque teal seems to only be available in the bundles. All the options are available in pillar if you want to try and save on shipping (no media mail that I saw)

22 hours ago, Justinadamk said:

Seems like full EP is coming out digitally tomorrow, and from what I can tell of people who already have access due to timezones, first 2 tracks are rock songs, and the rest of the EP is instrumental/movie score

So totally not what I was expecting.  I thought we'd be getting something a little more similar to Act I. Intro to the story/world but still an album.  This is definitely a score with a couple of songs added.  It's good though.