Blondie "Heart of Glass" 12" single Test Pressing

Mistagroovy

I don't think one has sold on Discogs before nor anywhere else that I have seen. This is a test pressing. That's all it says on the record label.  The sleeve has a label pasted on identifying what it is. These are pieces of vinyl that were given to the  band and recording personnel for approval before going ahead with the manufacturing.  I did dig deeper and found something similar: The Rolling Stones "Miss You" 12" test pressing that sold for $200 in 2012 So I guess that is a good starting point.

Edited by Mistagroovy
additional info

16 minutes ago, Mistagroovy said:

I don't think one has sold on Discogs before nor anywhere else that I have seen. This is a test pressing. That's all it says on the record label.  The sleeve has a label pasted on identifying what it is. These are pieces of vinyl that were given to the  band and recording personnel for approval before going ahead with the manufacturing.  I did dig deeper and found something similar: The Rolling Stones "Miss You" 12" test pressing that sold for $200 in 2012 So I guess that is a good starting point.

The link @Billich0986 posted is a listing for a test pressing of this release. There could be multiple different variations of the test depending on how many different pressings of the single were made, and this appears to be the case looking at the master release. Hard to say anything specific about what you have without pictures and details on the runout (words/numbers in the "dead wax" along the edge of the center label) of the vinyl itself.

Unfortunately, not all test pressings are created equal. Different artists and release have a different level of collectability and value, for a wide range of reasons. What a Rolling Stones record sold for in 2012 has zero to do with what this is worth. Per the link provided, a good starting point would likely be around $45.

1 minute ago, Mistagroovy said:

Thanks. I did not find that on a search. I did find an eBay sale that occurred recently for $60.  At that price I guess I will keep it.  I am surprised that test pressing are not worth more but I guess it has to do with the lack of graphics as opposed to sound quality.

Some test pressings can be worth thousands, others are worth $5. Like anything, it just depends on what someone is willing to pay.