NCAA Football Discussion

Hahah damn that blows! I feel the exact opposite when the score is 14-14 and my team has 1 minute on the clock, and we elect to run, then run and let the clock go out... -_- 

I'd be in that no huddle 2 minute drill mode, just stretch that team out and hope for a field goal at LEAST (I understand the risk for interception so this is only a hypothetical for a team with an elite QB)

Losing to Ole Miss feels like being knocked out of a dodgeball game by the fat slow kid that got picked last. I'm more embarrassed than anything. I'm not convinced that they are that good. That being said, I will be very surprised if any SEC team goes undefeated this year. On to arkansas i suppose. 

Miss St is obviously better than Ole Miss. But these are the same AP voters that had Arizona unranked last week and now suddenly 10th.

I've never seen a more knee-jerk reactionary top 15 than today. It's like the voters just said fuck it. 1 win against anyone in college football does not make you good.

• 2 weeks later...

All of this salty salty hate by these keyboard warriors on the internet against FSU just gets me off man. It's like being a late 80's Pistons fan - just going to sit here and watch you all hate my team while we beat you.

Not directed towards anyone here btw - but if you want a laugh read ESPN comments sections. It must have been tough for ESPN to write their recap of the game.

All of this salty salty hate by these keyboard warriors on the internet against FSU just gets me off man. It's like being a late 80's Pistons fan - just going to sit here and watch you all hate my team while we beat you.

Not directed towards anyone here btw - but if you want a laugh read ESPN comments sections. It must have been tough for ESPN to write their recap of the game.

I don't hate your team at all, I applaud them for beating auburn last year. that was seriously awesome. However, Jameis Winston just doesn't seem like a likable guy to me. That's all. I don't agree that players should not be able to make money off their likeness, but every player KNOWS it's against the rules and if he did break it he deserves whatever may or may not be coming. And I also agree that Jimbo said all that BS in front of the camera as one big PR move. Smart of him, though.

As a Notre Dame fan I've learned to never read comments sections on any Notre Dame related article because it's usually chalk full of some of the most ridiculous keyboard warrior/ignorant nonsensical crap and I'm the type of person that wants to go off on all of them, but we all know that's a battle not worth fighting.

Just happy Notre Dame is getting back to being able to compete with teams like FSU on the road and in general.

Winston is an idiot sometimes, on and off the field. But I don't root for the Florida State Winston's and I've never understood being forced to talk bad about your team because ESPN won't get off one guy's dick about the same story every single day. It wasn't even the ND comments after this game, I get why they're mad - though however controversial that penalty was textbook. It's more crazy to see all the other people who have no investment whatsoever in FSU to just throw hate all day. So much more respect for Alabama now. Except for the haircuts, bowl cuts are the worst.

Does Brian Kelly think anything good is going to come of his complaining about the penalty call? He's just perpetuating the ND stereotype.

Honestly the more and more I've looked at it there are just as many if not more FSU players jamming receivers with a full grip under the shoulder pads and jerseys being tugged. Not to mention the ACC refs haven't even made it completely clear until now which ND receiver was flagged, so yes Kelly is pretty pissed off and so would you or anyone else if that call was made against you for the go ahead touchdown to win a big game.

It goes back to one of those "if you look at every play in slow motion" arguments.

The penalty wasn't called on the lead receiver, it was called on the one farther into the endzone who did initiate contact. The problem is that wasn't made clear by the announcers even though it was called correctly on the field. I agree that the "shallower" WR who the call appeared to go against was not committing any more of a penalty than the defender was. It has been clarified multiple times by everyone, including Mike Pereira.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/video/pereira-explains-it-all-again-for-quinn-s-benefit-on-call-against-irish-101914

That's fine but you can't act like he is the only coach who would be up in arms like this.

I'm not, and I'm not trying to start anything. I just think that he isn't doing the team any good by lingering on it. The NC State head coach did the same thing about "faking injuries" earlier this season and ended up having to publicly apologize to everyone for it. Just distractions.That team is totally worthy of a playoff spot right now, one loss and all, but they should move on.