Modern music that sounds early '10s Orgcore stuff??

Yes, this is a drunk post. Yes, this will be moved to the ETE board tomorrow. I'm in desperate need for new jams, but have a hankering for a specific sound. Circa 2011 there were a handful of killer records that shot my dick out the back of my shoes, and maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places, but dammit, I miss that sound/energy! I'm talking records like:

Small Brown Bike - Fell and Found
Bridge and Tunnel - Rebuilding Year
Luther - Let's Get You Somewhere Else

I've come across a couple similar bands like Somerset Thrower, but I need more! Any recommendations?? Preferably new/active bands I can support monetarily. Gracias

All of these bands have put out a record in 2020-21 and feel at least tangentially related to orgcore (melodic punk, varying degree of gruff vocals, etc.):

• Ways Away - Fronted by Jesse from Stick To Your Guns, has members of Samiam, Paint It Black; their 2020 record is amazing and they have a new one coming in 2022
  • The Young Hearts - Melodic punk from the UK
  • Luca Brasi - Melodic punk/indie from Australia, new album just came out this year and it's amazing
  • Lost Love - Canadian melodic punk, have played Fest a couple times I think, new album JUST came out and it's solid
  • The Violent Hearts - UK melodic punk with a little post-punk influence, features the vocalist from SHARKS, a punk band that was on Rise in the early to mid 2010's
  • Cold Years - UK melodic punk a la Gaslight Anthem, new album last year that was enjoyable
  • MercyMusic - US punk band, new album dropped last year, they're signed to Wiretap Records (if you haven't peeped that label's roster, I would recommend you scroll through there too. Not all hits for me, but there's a good chunk of orgcore-esque bands on that label).

Hope this helps. Let me know what you think. Side note: That Luther record was super underrated. I need to spin that again soon.

If you want a trip down memory lane with the possibility of finding some orgcore bands you hadn't heard of before, check out this list on RYM.

Fiddlehead, Drug Church, Militarie Gun- Are all Melodic Hardcore -ish bands that I think are pretty spiritually close to the orgcore sound. Also bands like Anxious, Koyo, and Somerset Thrower, but they lean more hardcore 

Edit- just realized your avatar is a drug church single artwork so you're probably aware of them lol

Edited by CatsNJazz

On 11/2/2021 at 4:03 AM, TheWindBlower said:

All of these bands have put out a record in 2020-21 and feel at least tangentially related to orgcore (melodic punk, varying degree of gruff vocals, etc.):

• Ways Away - Fronted by Jesse from Stick To Your Guns, has members of Samiam, Paint It Black; their 2020 record is amazing and they have a new one coming in 2022
  • The Young Hearts - Melodic punk from the UK
  • Luca Brasi - Melodic punk/indie from Australia, new album just came out this year and it's amazing
  • Lost Love - Canadian melodic punk, have played Fest a couple times I think, new album JUST came out and it's solid
  • The Violent Hearts - UK melodic punk with a little post-punk influence, features the vocalist from SHARKS, a punk band that was on Rise in the early to mid 2010's
  • Cold Years - UK melodic punk a la Gaslight Anthem, new album last year that was enjoyable
  • MercyMusic - US punk band, new album dropped last year, they're signed to Wiretap Records (if you haven't peeped that label's roster, I would recommend you scroll through there too. Not all hits for me, but there's a good chunk of orgcore-esque bands on that label).

Hope this helps. Let me know what you think. Side note: That Luther record was super underrated. I need to spin that again soon.

If you want a trip down memory lane with the possibility of finding some orgcore bands you hadn't heard of before, check out this list on RYM.

Really liking Luca Brasi and Mercy Music! I had no idea the singer from Sharks had a new band, I was a huge fan of them and Violent Hearts seems to pick up where they left off. Thanks dude! 

On 11/2/2021 at 7:03 AM, TheWindBlower said:

Ways Away - Fronted by Jesse from Stick To Your Guns, has members of Samiam, Paint It Black; their 2020 record is amazing and they have a new one coming in 2022

This was my AOTY in 2020. Couldn't recommend them enough.