Beach House - Once Twice Melody

2 hours ago, wiscodeman said:

Will definitely grab this at some point. I'm debating on that boxset version. I kinda like the standard 2xLP more from a presentation perspective. I wonder if VMP or anyone will have a colored variant utilizing the black standard jacket.

Went for the box for the time being, but yeah, if a gatefold color copy comes up I'll cancel it and order the smaller version.

22 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Went for the box for the time being, but yeah, if a gatefold color copy comes up I'll cancel it and order the smaller version.

Did you order through Sub Pop? I've never cancelled an order before, so I'm curious of the process. I may go that route too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Got my deluxe gold and silver in today! Haven't listened to anything yet, probably tomorrow will give it a spin. The packaging is...absolutely gorgeous. The vinyl itself is beautiful, the box looks so good in person, and the book is nice.

As someone who doesn't typically buy or like box set type deluxe records, this thing kicks some serious ass.

Great to hear.  The photos that popped up on Discogs over the weekend look killer too.  Could just be the lighting but that gold really appears to pop.

I’ve held off on listening to any of the EPs or even any of the singles.  Friday is so close.  Looking forward to sitting down with the whole thing.  I think my copy is slated to show up before the release date, too.  (A true rarity.)

9 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Got my deluxe gold and silver in today! Haven't listened to anything yet, probably tomorrow will give it a spin. The packaging is...absolutely gorgeous. The vinyl itself is beautiful, the box looks so good in person, and the book is nice.

As someone who doesn't typically buy or like box set type deluxe records, this thing kicks some serious ass.

That's rad. I was worried Sub Pop was going to half ass it. But Sub Pop doesn't really half ass anything. 

50 minutes ago, Why not Shelby said:

I've only listened to Chapter 1 but I'm more excited than I've been the past couple releases for new Beach House.

I actually really liked TYLS and Depression Cherry. 7 didn't really make much of an impact on me I guess, because I can't remember a single song off it right now. I've always gotten excited for new Beach House though.

This was a really tough one to hold out on listening to, but I made it! It's here!

24 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

I actually really liked TYLS and Depression Cherry. 7 didn't really make much of an impact on me I guess, because I can't remember a single song off it right now. I've always gotten excited for new Beach House though.

This was a really tough one to hold out on listening to, but I made it! It's here!

My opinion of 7 waxes and wanes in their discography but one thing is for certain…Dark Spring is one of the best songs they’ve ever written.  

33 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

I love DC and 7 is good as well but didn't connect at all with TYLS. I'll give it another go this week waiting for the new album.

1 hour ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

My opinion of 7 waxes and wanes in their discography but one thing is for certain…Dark Spring is one of the best songs they’ve ever written.  

1 hour ago, Why not Shelby said:

I love DC and 7 is good as well but didn't connect at all with TYLS. I'll give it another go this week waiting for the new album.

I'll have to give 7 another chance soon