Beach House - Once Twice Melody

The deluxe version in my opinion is 100% worth it! I really like this album - I mean the music itself is great if you like bh but the packaging for the gold deluxe is killer for 50 dollars. You get a big 'box set' style box with a couple big posters, a huge 'lyric' book with some cool pics and the records themselves are that nice soupy gold that actually looks good... and clear. It feels like a substantial total package fitting a solid album in my perspective and while you can get the normal 2xlp for 30 shipped - this deluxe is special. Everything feels like it was done with care from the gold foil stamping to the holographic inners its just a really nice package. I've seen records like this go for way more but at the end of the day it will appeal to you if you want the extras and are cool shelling out $20 extra dollars. 

Just my opinion but it feels like they put effort into it and I think the price is fair. 

21 minutes ago, mrewest said:

I’m very new to this band.  Just started listening last year.  But I’m really liking this so far.  A handful of legit standouts first time through & seems to be growing on me more with repeated listens.  Absolutely love “Over and Over” & “Sunset” early on.

Similar boat. I’ve only heard Devotion (sometime in 2009?) and wasn’t into it. Later checked out Depression Cherry in 2016-2017 and again kind of fell off the wagon. I decided to relisten and am blown away by this.

I was trying to get through  all of the albums I hadn’t heard, Teen Dream is great. I fell asleep during 7 haha so I’ll listen to that tonight. 

3 hours ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

You think their self titled is one of their GOATs?   Or do you mean Devotion and Teen Dream?

S/T for sure! A bunch of great songs, but the first side is bananas. So dreamy, so good. Teen Dream is terrific too though.

Edit: there is definitely a bit of nostalgia goggles ties to s/t for me since I was listening to it constantly in my early 20s during a really formative time musically, and generally.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

11 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

S/T for sure! A bunch of great songs, but the first side is bananas. So dreamy, so good. Teen Dream is terrific too though.

Edit: there is definitely a bit of nostalgia goggles ties to s/t for me since I was listening to it constantly in my early 20s during a really formative time musically, and generally.

Fair enough.  Just so many people like Devotion and Teen Dream that I had to ask.  

18 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Fair enough.  Just so many people like Devotion and Teen Dream that I had to ask.  

Ah, right on. While I like Teen Dream, I've been on board with these two since the beginning! My Used To Be 7" is one of the very very few 7" I'm unlikely to get rid of, along with a couple of friend and old local band 7" that would be somewhat tough to replace.

6 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

Devotion vies with Bloom for #1 in my head but honestly I'd put Teen Dream like....fifth

I’m with you on Bloom probably being my #1.  Interesting that Teen Dream is that far low on your list.  

it’s difficult for me to rank them.  I can safely say their self-titled is my least favorite although that doesn’t mean I don’t really like it. 

depression Cherry is one for me where the highlights are some of their best stuff but the lows are kind of forgettable.