BIG DRILL CAR fans look here!

Various Artists

And you'll spin : a tribute to BIG DRILL CAR

CD Compilation

[image]

The "offficial" tribute album to one of American indie-rock's best kept secrets. BIG DRILL CAR, from Costa Mesa, California, blazed a trail in the late 80's thru the mid-90's with an infectious sound that pushed the boundaries of punk rock by adding elements of rock, pop, metal & heaps of melody. The bands on this CD, carry on the tradition & pay homage to "the little band with that big sound." Featuring cover artwork by original Big Drill Car, bassist Bob Thomson. Mastered by Stephen Egerton(Descendents/ALL).

1. Cynical - Take Away

2. Social Classics - Les Conchons sans poils

3. The Amber Jets - Glory

4. Relie - Annie's Needle

5. Bo Bud Green - 5 Year Itch

6. Bultacos (from Spain) - Ick

7. Conacher's Honour - Clamato #11

8. Groucho Marxists - Diamond Earrings

9. Sad Days Indeed (from Finland) - Wondering

10. The Tank - No Worse for the Wear

11. Sweet Daddy - Nagaina

12. Tribute Type Thing - About Us

13. Jeff Caudill & the Good Time Band - Swanson

14. The Unknown - Friend of Mine

15. Jennifer Echo - No Need

16. Valve Drive (from Japan) - Green Fields

17. Dead Lazlo's Place - Nothing At All

Available beginning 08/13/08 at the Big Drill Car reunion show at Fitzgerald's at Huntington Beach, CA.

www.itchykorean.com

I didnt know Bo Bud Green was still around and Sweet Daddy are good friends of mine. I love Bill Drill Car so i'll probably wind up purchasing this. Wish i could go to the reunion show..that would be awesome..

BDC is playing Riot Fest in Chicago too....and they're playing a small bar sow at that!

The Tank (aka Brown Lobster Tank) and Jeff Jeff Caudill (ex singer of Gameface) are the only two names I recognize.

Funny story, the first time I heard Gameface was a record store. I asked the guy behind the counter if it was a new Big Drill Car album I hadn't heard.

A few years later I was hanging out with Jeff and the drummer and I asked them if both bands had made a conscious decision to sound like Big Drill Car or if it happened on accident. They both looked at me like I kicked their dog.

A few years after that I was talking with a friend of mine and I relayed that story to him. He said that he actually told Jeff that they sounded like Big Drill Car but less good.

i emailed you over a year ago and you never replied to my email.

did you email glenn or kevin? if you emailed me (kevin), sorry i never replied. not really too sure why i didn't.

I don't remember...I wrote somebody about the J Church split you were putting out....it was one of the last things me and Lance talked about was your split.