PO: Failure "Wild Type Droid"

INRIhab

48 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Huh, got mine today and Magnified is a 2LP now. Never owned a previous pressing so I can’t compare, but I’m sure one of you will end up with both and comment on it.

I forgot about the fact that the other pressing left off  a segue from Magnified and was a single disc, hence, the higher price tag for the new edition

Edited by sugareggs

2 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

Huh, got mine today and Magnified is a 2LP now. Never owned a previous pressing so I can’t compare, but I’m sure one of you will end up with both and comment on it.

The 2LP pressing from the box set is way better than the old single LP. I assume this new issue is the same. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 9:47 AM, Deathbyart said:

The one I received was a screen print. I would post better pics but I swapped the more recent print into the frame, so it's in a tube. 

it is so fucking epic.  $15 for the print, $15 for shipping, ended up less than half of what it would have cost from the band and their merch site.  plus, giving the money to the people who made the visual art ;) 

LMV5mZTxprXbB4Z8EfB5kWB0auz-skhmuyac1Hwt

2 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

it is so fucking epic.  $15 for the print, $15 for shipping, ended up less than half of what it would have cost from the band and their merch site.  plus, giving the money to the people who made the visual art ;) 

That's so awesome. 

Side note, Fantastic Planet delivered and I am so damn excited. Finally have their entire disco but now I need to check out the remastered presses

• 7 months later...

Ken Andrews posted an update video on his You Tube channel the test pressings for the audio for the live concert film they just put out has been approved A long with YEAR OF THE RABBIT!  So hopefully we'll see those pop up some time soon.

Post comments below complain about how they're 10 buck more then you think they should be  that what we all are here for.

10 hours ago, Adam10647 said:

Ken Andrews posted an update video on his You Tube channel the test pressings for the audio for the live concert film they just put out has been approved A long with YEAR OF THE RABBIT!  So hopefully we'll see those pop up some time soon.

Post comments below complain about how they're 10 buck more then you think they should be  that what we all are here for.

My predictions:

Live album unsigned - $70. 

Live album signed - $120

Year of the Rabbit unsigned - $60

Year of the Rabbit signed - $100

And shipping will be $15 on top of those costs!! 

Looking forward to the releases, but dreading the fucking prices. I have wanted that YOTR released on vinyl since the album came out. The prices of basically every band I love are making me want to quit buying records. Deftones, Lush, Melvins and Failure I will always pay whatever stupid amount though.

• 3 weeks later...

The main reason I can’t complain is Failure has no label support. Everything on that site they do themselves. WTD isn’t even in stores. So while it sucks, at least they’re awesome. WTD is the best album not named Fantastic Planet. There’s no telling had they kept going and it had a few more bangers, maybe it even gets there. Because it doesn’t have a weak moment. IMO.

10 hours ago, KhalBrando said:

The main reason I can’t complain is Failure has no label support. Everything on that site they do themselves. WTD isn’t even in stores. So while it sucks, at least they’re awesome. WTD is the best album not named Fantastic Planet. There’s no telling had they kept going and it had a few more bangers, maybe it even gets there. Because it doesn’t have a weak moment. IMO.

I get what you're saying, but Magnified is 10x better than WTD for me. 

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, nothingnatural said:

Sounds like they are almost sold out. I didn't buy the live Fantastic Planet vinyl a few years ago because it was $60, and now it sells for a few hundred. I assume the same will happen with this. I don't love paying $50, but I don't want to miss out either.