Cult Of Luna - The Long Road North (PO: December 1st)

Portsi

@ghost

@seku

Sorry I can see how my post could be misinterpreted; I saw all those things you linked, I was asking whether the 180g black is ONLY available from Eyesore.  That's the one i want, so I guess Europe it is.  Sorry!

@MayCauseDeath

New song slaps.  It was funny, because when they hit the B section where it's just chugging guitars, I KNEW they were going to come in with a top melody over it after the lyrics ended and it was so predictable but I still ABSOLUTELY loved it.  I was expecting it, and it was so satisfying when they delivered. 

• 1 month later...

After listening to the album 5-6 times now I can say I have two tracks that really stick out for me, and that's the two longest ones: An Offering To The Wild and Blood Upon Stone. Truly amazing.

Also the ballad Into The Night has grown since i heard it the first time.

As always; this CoL album is a grower, and I will discover new things for many years to come. Of course it's already a top contender for album of the year.

43 minutes ago, Mr Mojo said:

After listening to the album 5-6 times now I can say I have two tracks that really stick out for me, and that's the two longest ones: An Offering To The Wild and Blood Upon Stone. Truly amazing.

Also the ballad Into The Night has grown since i heard it the first time.

As always; this CoL album is a grower, and I will discover new things for many years to come. Of course it's already a top contender for album of the year.

wait it's out already?!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm excited how many devastatingly crushing moments this album has. I did not expect it to be so heavy!

I struggled to fully enjoy A Dawn to Fear's slower songs, but this album flows perfectly and there is not a weak moment . Blood Upon A Stone could be the best song in years. When it ended and Beyond II started playing, it was one of the most perfect moments I have experienced in music.  Sure Blood Upon A Stone would also have been a perfect way to end the album, but Beyond II kinda helps you to digest how incredible the ending of the album was.

I can't believe they pulled out album like this so soon after the two previous releases.

Edited by Portsi