PO Now: Cloakroom - Dissolution Wave

Shipping 1/27, digital out 1/28

Single:  https://cloakroom.bandcamp.com/track/a-force-at-play

https://cloakroom.bandcamp.com/

Milky Clear w/ Rainbow Splatter /400? (sold out)

Mustard Yellow /1992

https://store.relapse.com/b/cloakroom

Mustard & Gold Merge w/ Splatter /195

Translucent Gold w/ Black & Silver Twister /297

Milky Clear w/ Rainbow Splatter /447

Mustard Yellow /1992

Edited by highfives

• 1 month later...

This band is really good. Kept seeing them mentioned in the Hum subreddit and was wondering what the deal was. A lot of what those suckers like is shit and I was pleasantly surprised. I’m also surprised that this thread isn’t blowing up since there’s so many regulars in the shoegaze/post-rock/effects pedalcore threads who are in to stuff like this. 

3 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

This band is really good. Kept seeing them mentioned in the Hum subreddit and was wondering what the deal was. A lot of what those suckers like is shit and I was pleasantly surprised. I’m also surprised that this thread isn’t blowing up since there’s so many regulars in the shoegaze/post-rock/effects pedalcore threads who are in to stuff like this. 

Cloakroom aren't formulaic enough methinks. They're one of few bands I've never seen a bad word about online though and they deserve that rep.

8 minutes ago, Shlebs said:

Cloakroom aren't formulaic enough methinks. They're one of few bands I've never seen a bad word about online though and they deserve that rep.

Too many chords before the 5-10 minute mark and not enough arpeggiated guitars with 5 seconds of delay I guess. 

40 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

I’m also surprised that this thread isn’t blowing up since there’s so many regulars in the shoegaze/post-rock/effects pedalcore threads who are in to stuff like this. 

I can’t say I’m overly surprised; VC sleeps on so many good bands, it’s always a shock to see good shit recognized or discussed.

20 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I can’t say I’m overly surprised; VC sleeps on so many good bands, it’s always a shock to see good shit recognized or discussed.

i generally see the same 5 people in every thread of “less popular” (at least on VC) bands that I’m really into as I did 5-10 years ago on this site.  mainly shelby and dantheriver lmao