What is the vinyl you never open/listen to in your collection?

seb

4 minutes ago, V3XED said:

Nope, nothing to do with ethics, and yeah it isn't the financially savvy move either.  Just usually either forget or its like a bundled order with stuff and I just except it will be a pain so I don't bother out of laziness. Though if your having such good experiences maybe I should try that more often. 

1 minute ago, phillybhatesme said:

I've thought about doing that for a few POs. I recently cancelled some POs but it was for $$$, not cause the album sucked lol

I'm sure you're both aware of it but Bull Moose, Zia, and Rough Trade – probably others out there, too – do not charge until they ship, and are 1-click cancellations so long as you check out while logged in, and not as a guest.  If I'm unsure about whether or not I'll truly keep a PO, I try to order through one of them just for the sake of convenience.

When it comes to smaller labels who rely on selling all copies of a product, I understand that cancellations are kind of shitty.  I definitely take an apologetic tone to the e-mail and ask for a refund – not demand one – which is a big part of why my few experiences have been pleasant, I imagine.  But I also think that if a seller is stubborn or aggressively denying your request, you can probably get a Paypal refund if it's been months.  Given the nature of POs these days, I always try to use Paypal so long as the release date isn't 6+ months out.  Their refund policy is bulletproof if things ever get nasty – if you don't have the product in hand after something like 45 days, the claim / refund goes in your favor, no further questions needed.

• seb changed the title to What is the vinyl you never open/listen to in your collection?

Actually now that I think about it.... 

This just happened recently with the Contortionist Exoplanet repress.
I bought the album when the store page said it was a splatter, and showed an image of a splatter...

20m later they changed it to a different image and changed the text.

I emailed them to cancel it (had not yet shipped) and they were like... no lol.
I could have shipped it back for a refund at my expense.

So yeah IDK. It can be harder with smaller shops.
Merchnow, BM, Zia, and shops of that caliber are pretty smooth. 

Just now, V3XED said:

Actually now that I think about it.... 

This just happened recently with the Contortionist Exoplanet repress.
I bought the album when the store page said it was a splatter, and showed an image of a splatter...

20m later they changed it to a different image and changed the text.

I emailed them to cancel it (had not yet shipped) and they were like... no lol.
I could have shipped it back for a refund at my expense.

So yeah IDK. It can be harder with smaller shops.
Merchnow, BM, Zia, and shops of that caliber are pretty smooth. 

Especially since with those 2, you no longer even have to interact with anyone to get a cancellation through.

But for your Contortionist PO, how far out was the delivery date from the time of ordering?  If it was more than a month and a half, you could have definitely responded to their refund-denial with "Okay thanks anyway. :)" and then opened up a Paypal claim after 45 days.  They'd have no choice.  If copies were immediately shipping though, that's another story, and there's not much more you could do if they said nope.

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Especially since with those 2, you no longer even have to interact with anyone to get a cancellation through.

But for your Contortionist PO, how far out was the delivery date from the time of ordering?  If it was more than a month and a half, you could have definitely responded to their refund-denial with "Okay thanks anyway. :)" and then opened up a Paypal claim after 45 days.  They'd have no choice.  If copies were immediately shipping though, that's another story, and there's not much more you could do if they said nope.

Yeah they were in-hand and the order had processed. Shipped the day after I emailed them/ordered.
Still though, considering they switch-a-roo'd the product on me they obviously should have accommodated a zero-cost order return process. But oh well, more important things in life to spend my brainpower and time on. 

So yeah, that is sitting on the shelf sealed for now 😛 

Edited by V3XED