Thrice - "Alchemy Index" Vinyl Box Set (Webstore Exclusive)

23 hours ago, HardlineKid said:

A lot of box sets offer this creamy, dull palette. I wonder if these colors are cheaper to manufacturer in an attempt to keep costs down.

I don’t know, but I quite like it. It feels more creative than the “fire is red, water is blue, air is clear, earth is brown/green” theme. And you can’t be a VC member if you like splatters, that’s just a rule. (Screw it, I think splatters are bitchin’.)

I'm new to this and only have a few splits; I tend to stay away from them and will try to opt for other variants, if available. With that being said, I recently saw a black and gold split with gold and black splatter that was pretty cool. Gold half of the record had black splatter, black half of the record had gold splatter. 

On 12/9/2021 at 3:57 AM, putol said:

oh I remember them saying at the time of the first pressing that this would never be repressed like that..

Also remember them fucking up Disc 4 and having to ship replacement discs to everyone. 

I still have both the fucked up and fixed versions... dunno why I kept the fucked up version tbh.. bs mindset of this will be worth something one day I guess. 

1 minute ago, roadmonkey said:

Also remember them fucking up Disc 4 and having to ship replacement discs to everyone. 

I still have both the fucked up and fixed versions... dunno why I kept the fucked up version tbh.. bs mindset of this will be worth something one day I guess. 

I remember people selling the fucked up earth disc on ebay. At the height of the AI vinyl madness, people were actually buying just that disc.

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

There’s like 1-3 of us who are over splatters.  I’m just vocal about it.

I'm over color vinyl in general. Splits and especially tri-color splits can fuck right off. Occasionally I get a color variant that I think looks great, and fits the album well, but most of it is trashy looking and has the potential to compromise the audio.

6 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

I'm over color vinyl in general. Splits and especially tri-color splits can fuck right off. Occasionally I get a color variant that I think looks great, and fits the album well, but most of it is trashy looking and has the potential to compromise the audio.

I love a colorway that can accent the album art (or packaging) without jeopardizing sound quality, but yeah, I hear you on that.  As years have gone on, I've found myself drawn to more subtle variants.  Just gimme' 1 color on translucent vinyl that works well with the center labels / compliments the cover, and I'm quite happy.

Edited by Derek™

34 minutes ago, Snaro said:

I think it's great that Thrice is doing these represses. I hope they make money from it! 

It appears that the Alchemy Index repress is not the box set that is mentioned on the Vagrant website. That is even better news! 

Where are you seeing that there could be another box set?

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

Maybe I’m being impatient…and I am… but so much for the “first 1,300 shipping right away”…riiiiiiiiight… 

They also said their web store exclusive of Beggars was on hand and shipping immediately; however, it wasn’t until like 3 weeks later they actually departed. 

Edited by ejc625

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

Maybe I’m being impatient…and I am… but so much for the “first 1,300 shipping right away”…riiiiiiiiight… 

38 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

They also said their web store exclusive of Beggars was on hand and shipping immediately; however, it wasn’t until like 3 weeks later they actually departed. 

Yah this far into December, no one’s getting theirs till 2022.