Thrice - "Alchemy Index" Vinyl Box Set (Webstore Exclusive)

7 hours ago, Snaro said:

I think it's great that Thrice is doing these represses. I hope they make money from it! 

It appears that the Alchemy Index repress is not the box set that is mentioned on the Vagrant website. That is even better news! 

No, this is definitely the box set they've been teasing for months.

Vagrant only has the publishing for Alchemy, Beggars, Major/Minor and TBEITBN. With three of those four already repressed in this run of Vagrant releases, why would they do a box set that only includes a part of the discography.

2 hours ago, cautionthieves said:

No, this is definitely the box set they've been teasing for months.

Vagrant only has the publishing for Alchemy, Beggars, Major/Minor and TBEITBN. With three of those four already repressed in this run of Vagrant releases, why would they do a box set that only includes a part of the discography.

Yeah it doesn’t make sense to me either. This has to be the one they were promoting. 

On the 'In Exile' Facebook group, there's a post of someone stating this is not the box set that Vagrant announced. This could be nonsense, of course!

On the other hand: the message 'Thrice Box Set release coming soon' is still on the Vagrant website. And why would they announce a box set, when it is a repress of just the one album?

So I'm keeping my hopes up 😃

13 hours ago, Snaro said:

On the 'In Exile' Facebook group, there's a post of someone stating this is not the box set that Vagrant announced. This could be nonsense, of course!

On the other hand: the message 'Thrice Box Set release coming soon' is still on the Vagrant website. And why would they announce a box set, when it is a repress of just the one album?

So I'm keeping my hopes up 😃

They literally refer to the Alchemy repress as a box set in the product listing.

As I said above, Vagrant only has the rights to a fraction of Thrice's discography and they've repressed 75%  of those in this run..........so what would could this additional box set actually be?

2 hours ago, cautionthieves said:

They literally refer to the Alchemy repress as a box set in the product listing.

As I said above, Vagrant only has the rights to a fraction of Thrice's discography and they've repressed 75%  of those in this run..........so what would could this additional box set actually be?

Money grab?

I’m not in tune with most of what’s been mentioned here. But MxPx just had their entire discography repressed and that spanned a couple different labels, so definitely not out of the question. And if anything, while Vagrant has been repressing all their albums, they could be pressing boxset versions as well. Not saying it wouldn’t be a dick move, but not impossible I guess.

I've accepted that this will not arrive in time for the weekend. It's OK...my so-called BFF will have to wait for his gift.

We haven't spoken in over a week now. He's all twisted up because his wife told him that I made some inappropriate jokes when I was a bit drunk & we were all hanging out at a show...and she claims I was hitting on her...so she felt uncomfortable. I apologized to both of them together and individually, but I guess my apologies weren't accepted cuz I haven't heard a peep from them. 

So essentially an almost 30 year friendship was ruined by someone who misinterpreted shit and felt that my intent was malicious or creepy. I'm still pretty sore and angry about all this shit. 

4 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I've accepted that this will not arrive in time for the weekend. It's OK...my so-called BFF will have to wait for his gift.

We haven't spoken in over a week now. He's all twisted up because his wife told him that I made some inappropriate jokes when I was a bit drunk & we were all hanging out at a show...and she claims I was hitting on her...so she felt uncomfortable. I apologized to both of them together and individually, but I guess my apologies weren't accepted cuz I haven't heard a peep from them. 

So essentially an almost 30 year friendship was ruined by someone who misinterpreted shit and felt that my intent was malicious or creepy. I'm still pretty sore and angry about all this shit. 

What were the jokes?

13 minutes ago, januarytwenty said:

What were the jokes?

One was how he married up. And then other was misinterpreted...the show was outdoors and we were all sweaty as hell. While my buddy was chatting with the band & getting some records signed, her and I were waiting and she mentioned something about needing a shower. My exact words: "I will join you in that sentiment". She took as hitting on her and saying that I'd literally join her in the shower. 

All I know...and I know enough...is that she's always been insecure in herself and the marriage and he control over things...esp. him. He's not as expressive as she would like him to. And they're always fighting about it. He always ends up being the inconsiderate one who doesn't express his love for her 24/7. 

But in the end...I'm the asshole b/c I made some inappropriate remarks the one time. 

4 hours ago, jhulud said:

One was how he married up. And then other was misinterpreted...the show was outdoors and we were all sweaty as hell. While my buddy was chatting with the band & getting some records signed, her and I were waiting and she mentioned something about needing a shower. My exact words: "I will join you in that sentiment". She took as hitting on her and saying that I'd literally join her in the shower. 

All I know...and I know enough...is that she's always been insecure in herself and the marriage and he control over things...esp. him. He's not as expressive as she would like him to. And they're always fighting about it. He always ends up being the inconsiderate one who doesn't express his love for her 24/7. 

But in the end...I'm the asshole b/c I made some inappropriate remarks the one time. 

Doesn’t really seem too bad of a joke to be sorry for. If he doesn’t realize what you said was taken out of context, then that’s their fault. His wife seems kind of blowing out of proportion and could be jealous of the friendship ya’ll have? Idk. Judging from the story you just told, it’s nothing to be sorry for. You made innocent jokes. 

Mine arrived today. Same gold foil stamping as all the represses, individually numbered on the back. Haven't had a chance to spin it yet, but it sure looks nice. Except for the grey in white C disc; they had to know that was gonna look crappy.