Jump to content

Thrice - "Alchemy Index" Vinyl Box Set (Webstore Exclusive)


Recommended Posts

I just received my alchemy index and  beggars. The beggars color is absolutely beautiful and might be the best looking record I own now. It looks like the sun exploding. 
 

Also I think some might forget that the Alchemy index is two albums together so it’s definitely the box set. The fire and water were released then a whole later the other two came out. Some might incorrectly thing they were all released at once. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/23/2021 at 4:36 PM, MayCauseDeath said:

I just received my alchemy index and  beggars. The beggars color is absolutely beautiful and might be the best looking record I own now. It looks like the sun exploding. 
 

Also I think some might forget that the Alchemy index is two albums together so it’s definitely the box set. The fire and water were released then a whole later the other two came out. Some might incorrectly thing they were all released at once. 

Some might incorrectly think Fire/Water didn't come out first. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, phillybhatesme said:

You guys don’t sit and study every band’s disgogs page? Wtf

They were released like a half-year apart between 2007 and 2008, I’m pretty sure.  I remember buying Vol. I & II on CD the day it released, and being so pleased with the progression they took from Vheissu.  I found myself more than content with it as the latest entry to their discography, but also immediately itching to hear the conclusion with Vol. III & IV.  Zoomers will never know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Derek™ said:

They were released like a half-year apart between 2007 and 2008, I’m pretty sure.  I remember buying Vol. I & II on CD the day it released, and being so pleased with the progression they took from Vheissu.  I found myself more than content with it as the latest entry to their discography, but also immediately itching to hear the conclusion with Vol. III & IV.  Zoomers will never know.

Yeah you're correct. I worked at a Wherehouse Music when these came out. Fire and Water were in fall/winter and then Earth and Air came out right as Spring was hitting. I remember the day the last two came out we put all 4 discs on repeat all day long in the store's PA. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

no shipping confirmation here, but i was in europe when the PO went up so i was like 8 hours behind in noticing it went live. 

 

from what ive heard this sounds really good. stoked on that. none of these presses beat the original colorways though. maybe the splatter, but first pressing is best IMO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone else feel disappointed with how this has been handled? 
 

My one order was notified “shipped” on 12/20/21. And yet still sitting in “pre-shipment” per tracking. Media Mail. 
 

Other order just got notification today. Coming Priority. How long will it sit in “pre-shipment”?!?! 
 

Doesn’t matter anyways. Haven’t much spoken to my BFF in two weeks or so anyways. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Anyone else feel disappointed with how this has been handled? 
 

My one order was notified “shipped” on 12/20/21. And yet still sitting in “pre-shipment” per tracking. Media Mail. 
 

Other order just got notification today. Coming Priority. How long will it sit in “pre-shipment”?!?! 
 

Doesn’t matter anyways. Haven’t much spoken to my BFF in two weeks or so anyways. 

Sorry that it hasn’t mended yet. Maybe you should keep both copies or sell to another member on here? Mine hasn’t moved either and is still sitting as label created. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

Anyone else feel disappointed with how this has been handled? 
 

My one order was notified “shipped” on 12/20/21. And yet still sitting in “pre-shipment” per tracking. Media Mail. 
 

Other order just got notification today. Coming Priority. How long will it sit in “pre-shipment”?!?! 
 

Doesn’t matter anyways. Haven’t much spoken to my BFF in two weeks or so anyways. 

When it shows up, and if you decide not to gift it, I'll buy it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jhulud said:

Anyone else feel disappointed with how this has been handled? 
 

My one order was notified “shipped” on 12/20/21. And yet still sitting in “pre-shipment” per tracking. Media Mail. 
 

Other order just got notification today. Coming Priority. How long will it sit in “pre-shipment”?!?! 
 

Doesn’t matter anyways. Haven’t much spoken to my BFF in two weeks or so anyways. 

I saw this in a Thrice group on Facebook, maybe this explains the delay. I'm still waiting for mine too 😞

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I’ve only just got into thrice! I don’t know how but I never listened to them when I was younger even though all my friends did. Funnily enough it was the new album which drew me in which I absolutely love, it’s one of my favourites from last year. So going back through their discography I was listening to The Alchemy Index last week and saw the repress of it too late but when I checked the UK site they had 16 copies left. It was a no brainier purchased that straight away! I’m so glad I didn’t miss out on this I can feel it’s going to be one of those records that you shouldn’t pass up on.
 

Orders aren’t shipping till next week so It’s a long wait till I can get my hands on it but it’ll be worth it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×

oh my wow GIF by ESPN Deportes

 

Please disable AdBlock OR sign-in in order to be able to access our website...

I Understand, I'll disable it for this website