Jump to content

NO MORE DISCOGS INVOICES


Recommended Posts

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I figured everyone who sells would like to know. 

 

If you haven't checked Discogs yet today, you wouldn't have noticed the pop up alerting everyone that invoices are no longer going to be a thing. The invoice price you would pay at a later date after a sale will now be deducted immediately after your buyer pays. No more forgetting you still own a couple dollars to Discogs; it'll all be done at once. 

 

Much more convenient in my opinion !

Edited by Han Solo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

The invoice price you would pay at a later date after a sale will now be deducted immediately after your buyer pays. No more forgetting you still own a couple dollars to Discogs; it'll all be done at once. 

 

Much more convenient in my opinion !

Kinda glad I've never sold anything from Discogs, I would never remember that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, phillybhatesme said:

I am about to make my first discogs listing today. As a buyer, the process already seemed weird: Agree to purchase, pay, wait, payment accepted? Wait. wait. Pray the seller updates shit. 

So anything that makes the process smoother on either end is great news. 

If you buy more than one thing from someone wouldn't you want them to combine the orders and give you the correct shipping price before paying? Everything happens for a reason... lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been on this platform for the past month, it's great.  Now they need to make people pay immediately and cut the shit with people being able to order and pay when (or if) they feel like it.  The minimum 4 day cancel window is so stupid.

Edited by ZeroNowhere
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, ZeroNowhere said:

I have been on this platform for the past month, it's great.  Now they need to make people pay immediately and cut the shit with people being able to order and pay when (or if) they feel like it.  The minimum 4 day cancel window is so stupid.

That will never change, they need to allow people to add multiple items and get shipping adjusted accordingly.

12 minutes ago, daegor said:

have they fixed selling from Canada yet?

I've shipped multiple orders to Canada in the last 30 days with no problems?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

That will never change, they need to allow people to add multiple items and get shipping adjusted accordingly.

 

The shipping policies should automatically update for multiple items within the same order. . Now if people place multiple orders thats a problem

 

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

Just went in and signed up.  Assuming it runs smoothly this is a very welcome change.

I signed up yesterday. Two orders today. Worked fine. Paypal took discogs and tax out and its not showing up in my billing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Han Solo said:

How do you mean ? I haven’t had issues 

When they forced the shipping policies there was no way to account for the fact that there are no flat rates with Canada Post (there were similar issues with other countries), after a long back and forth with Discogs support they straight up told me that they know the shipping policies don't integrate properly with Canada Post and that they had no intention of fixing it.

I still use Discogs to catalogue my collection, but I stopped selling the day they enforced the shipping policies.  I wasn't a huge seller, but usually had around 100 or so up for sale, and sold 1-2 a week.

Why they don't integrate with PayPal's shipping tools is beyond me, they introduced the shipping policies to appease PayPal but won't actually make use of the tools a partnership with PayPal affords them.

Edited by daegor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, phillybhatesme said:

I am about to make my first discogs listing today. As a buyer, the process already seemed weird: Agree to purchase, pay, wait, payment accepted? Wait. wait. Pray the seller updates shit. 

So anything that makes the process smoother on either end is great news. 

That shit right there is why I have a bad buyer rep from years and years ago and not knowing how it worked. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

There aren't flat rates to ship with USPS in the US either, you just have to set it at a price that will cover the average sale.

the flux in price with Canada Post is insane, in order to not risk being at a loss I'd have to drive my shipping price up so high that I'd lose any sales.  I moved everything over to eBay since they actually calculate a real shipping price

Not to mention that Canada Post updates their prices monthly, and often it's not a small change.

Edited by daegor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, The Fuck Whisperer said:

Good I'm tired of being the middle man for taxed orders. The invoice fee started adding up way faster when they added that and my feeble mind can't understand that extra money I get isn't mine.

Also that paypal takes 3% of what you're getting paid in taxes that you end up on the hook for.

22 hours ago, phillybhatesme said:

I am about to make my first discogs listing today. As a buyer, the process already seemed weird: Agree to purchase, pay, wait, payment accepted? Wait. wait. Pray the seller updates shit. 

So anything that makes the process smoother on either end is great news. 

I wouldn't say payment received is the same as payment accepted. I think thats a carry over that was never really updated from before having a checkout button when you had to invoice the buyer and then they'd pay and discogs had no connection to whether they paid or not.

22 hours ago, The Fuck Whisperer said:

If you buy more than one thing from someone wouldn't you want them to combine the orders and give you the correct shipping price before paying? Everything happens for a reason... lol

You can add items to your cart and check out in a single order...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×

oh my wow GIF by ESPN Deportes

 

Please disable AdBlock OR sign-in in order to be able to access our website...

I Understand, I'll disable it for this website