NO MORE DISCOGS INVOICES

A different issue came up when I tried using this. I am in Canada and sell on various sites and as 95% of my sales were to US buyers I just list in US $ and figure out US equivalant of the postage rates.  The issue is when you sign up to have the fees deducted it automatically changes your listing currency to that of the country you are from WITHOUT applying the current exchange rate and there is no option to switch back to say US$. So an item I may have listed for $50 in US$ now is listed as $50 but in Canadian $.  I can’t believe discogs could screw that up so badly, ideally they still give the option to list in a different currency but for pucks sake if they are forcing the currency change than they at least they should apply the exchange rate it to the current listings.

Edited by hori

21 hours ago, shenanigans said:

True on the offers part. lol @ the deciding they want something after purchase. That's most stores.

Exactly. Some people try and treat Discogs like FB Marketplace. Which as a seller, I'm all for community and being friendly with people. But at the end of the day, sellers are paying income tax in some cases and going through all the work to properly package stuff, ship it out, update orders, leave feedback, etc. It can get to be a damn full-time job. So it's a bit frustrating when someone order something and then puts in a note "Hi - anyway you'd take less and refund me some of the money cuz I need it for bills". Freakin get your money right before placing order bud. 

Sorry for the rant 😅

• 1 month later...

I am still a bit on the fence about this change. Should I quit selling on Discogs or up my prices 5% and start accepting Paypal, plus stop offering non-tracked  shipping.

By choosing not to use Paypal, I could keep my prices low and manually offer a discount if someone buys a lot of stuff.

Sadly this option will disappear and if I need to refund via Paypal if I want to give a discount, I need to cough up the Paypal fee myself.

On 1/13/2022 at 1:55 AM, nico said:

I am still a bit on the fence about this change. Should I quit selling on Discogs or up my prices 5% and start accepting Paypal, plus stop offering non-tracked  shipping.

By choosing not to use Paypal, I could keep my prices low and manually offer a discount if someone buys a lot of stuff.

Sadly this option will disappear and if I need to refund via Paypal if I want to give a discount, I need to cough up the Paypal fee myself.

Yeah PayPal really sticks it to you when your shit starts selling