PO Soon: Further Seems Forever - The Moon Is Down 20th Anniversary Special Something

jhulud

why the book why?? Why all the labels feel the need to create something "deluxe" for an anniversary edition to mostly ruin everything with new artwork, bedroom demos, and now with this book... I just wanted the record, but I guess it's too much to ask in these cash grabing times.

Edited by xfactor675

2 hours ago, li0nel said:

EU will be left out again… at least I got that white press from a few years ago, but I really hope there won’t only be a 65$ option. That is so expensive. Can’t think about shipping and custom fees on top of that !

Yes getting that repress a few years ago was expensive enough in Europe.

8 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

why the book why?? Why all the labels feel the need to create something "deluxe" for an anniversary edition to mostly ruin everything with new artwork, bedroom demos, and now with this book... I just wanted the record, but I guess it's too much to ask in these cash grabing times.

I'd be curious to know how including a book, or any extras, impacts profit margin. Getting books made is expensive. However, one of my favorite books from the last few years is the  "One Day When We Are Young: Mineral at 25" release, which was/is only $30 (but no licensing costs as the songs were new). It seems like the best way for a label or band to make money off a reissue would be to keep it as simple as possible? 

I have read on another discussion board about people only wanting the book. So maybe if you buy this package you could sell the book and keep the record? However, based on the images of the design, it seems like it's all one complete package and the book and LP slide into the same sleeve.

Anyway, it does seem like they should have come up with a basic LP option with no book and no extras.

8 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

Actually, I'd like them to spend that money on making the record sound as good as possible. Get the High Res audio and use that for the vinyl master, lacquer cut by someone who knows rock music, and give it to me on a SINGLE 180G BLACK VINYL.

/soapbox